Green goddess pasta salad has all the flavor of the popular dish, but with noodles instead of lettuce! Serve it at your next luncheon or potluck.
This is hands down the best pasta salad I’ve ever put together, and I’m sure you’ll agree once you take a bite!
Crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, and creamy avocado are combined with hard boiled eggs, tender noodles, and sweet bits of shallot.
Finally, everything is coated in a deliciously herbaceous homemade dressing for a flavor you can’t get enough of.
To make this green goddess pasta salad with lettuce instead of noodles, see my original post – it tastes just like the kind you order from Panera!
How To Make Green Goddess Pasta Salad
Once everything is prepped and ready, this easy pasta salad comes together in minutes!
Start the eggs and bacon while the water comes to a boil, then chop them up with the veggies while the pasta cooks.
Whisk together the dressing at the last minute and toss everything together until well combined.
I find that this dish tastes best when it has time to sit, so pop the bowl in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Bacon – It’s important to get your strips nice and crispy since they will soften a bit when drenched in dressing. Either chop them cold and cook on the stove until crisp, or bake the strips and crumble once cooled.
- Tomatoes – Slice these in batches by placing a handful at a time between two lids and running a knife through the center.
- Eggs – You can prepare these fresh or the day before, whichever is more convenient. If needed, I have instructions for making them on the stove or in an air fryer.
- Shallot – This small bulb is sweeter than most onions with a more delicate natural flavor. If you aren’t able to find one, some red onion would be the best substitute for this recipe.
- Dressing – I prefer to make my own, but there are several store bought versions to choose from if needed. I recommend using a yogurt-based bottled brand like Bolthouse Farms which can be found in the refrigerated section near the produce.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
What can I add to green goddess pasta salad to make it a full meal?
It’s honestly quite filling on its own, but you could certainly add some extra protein if you would like.
Grab a rotisserie chicken or grill up a few breasts, dice into bite size pieces, and mix them in with the rest of the ingredients.
Can I make this easy pasta salad ahead of time?
Absolutely! If you’ll be serving it to guests, I recommend preparing it no more than a day in advance so the bacon and shallots are still fairly crisp.
The shell noodles will absorb some of the dressing overnight, so stir in a few more tablespoons when you pull it out of the fridge.
For leftovers, this dish will last about 3 to 4 days covered in the refrigerator making it perfect for meal prep or easy lunches.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Easy Green Goddess Pasta Salad
- 16 ounce box shell pasta
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green goddess salad dressing
- Cook your pasta per the directions on the box for al dente cooked pasta.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pasta, bacon, tomatoes, eggs, avocado, shallots, and dressing. Stir until well combined.
- Place the pasta salad in the fridge for one hour before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.