We are in bite size mode here at The Slow Roasted Italian! Our ‘Mini Me’ Slow Roaster (our munchkin) is going through a super picky phase. Unless its a dessert with sprinkles it needs to be bite sized to be a favorite. Luckily, we have come up with some fantastic healthy combinations that she is just devouring. Southwestern Ham and Cheese Quinoa Bites are fabulous for the whole family and something that Munchkin willingly devours!
Bite sized, healthy and scrumptious! Triple point score. In our house with 2 picky eaters it is challenging to come up with something healthy that everyone loves. This one was a winner. Great southwestern flavors with some diced jalapeno for a great flavor. Ham and cheese is always a winning combination, mix in zucchini, egg whites and quinoa and you have a perfect bite sized meal!
These freeze great. I store them in a gallon resealable bag. Take them out and Spritz them with water and either microwave them until heated or defrost and pop them in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Southwestern Recipes
Southwestern Ham and Cheese Quinoa Bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 egg whites
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely diced ham, I diced nitrate free sliced ham
- 1 tablespoon Mrs Dash SW Chipotle seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a spoon to combine. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top of each cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the mini muffin tin.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.