Southwestern Style Grilled Pizza with Chicken in Just 30 Minutes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Southwestern-Style Grilled Pizza with Chicken is topped with enchilada sauce, green chiles, Colby Jack cheese, and fresh veggies, it is bursting with bold flavor. Whether cooked on the grill to achieve that incredible charred flavor or baked in the oven, your family is going to love this pizza.
Summer grilling has never been better than it is with the addition of grilled pizza. The grill gives pizza this fabulous flavor that reminds me of brick oven pizza. I started grilling pizza about a month ago.
Let me tell you, whether it is cooked on a pizza stone or straight on the grill, it is some of the best pizza I have eaten.That said, this pizza is even more special. Its a flavor explosion.
My favorite Southwestern flavors come together on this grilled pizza. The sauce and a few special ingredients make this pizza a knock out! Whats your guess?
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Other Quick and Easy Grilling Recipes
Southwestern-Style Grilled Pizza with Chicken
- 1 premade pizza dough
- corn meal, for dusting
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup fire roasted diced green chiles
- 12 ounces precooked chicken, chopped (great way to use left overs)
- 8 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream, poured into a squeeze bottle
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Roll pizza into a 12″ round. Sprinkle pizza stone with corn meal. Place pizza on top of stone. *See Cook’s Note if you do not have a pizza stone, or wish to bake pizza in oven.
- Spoon enchilada sauce over pizza, leaving ½” edge around pizza. Sprinkle chiles, chicken and cheese evenly over pizza. Add onions, peppers and tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Place pizza on preheated grill. Close cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Carefully remove pizza from grill, drizzle sour cream over top.
- Slice and serve!
To grill without a pizza stone: Place rolled out uncooked pizza dough on grill for 3 minutes, cook with lid closed until golden brown. Remove from grill and flip so cooked size is facing up. Top pizza according to recipe. Place pizza back on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
love the plenty of peppers on it. southwestern looks like the way to go
Call me ignorant but what do Southwestern flavours entail? Is it something like Tex-Mex?
This is such an easy dinner, and the kids love it! Definitely on my rotation now.