I warn you, these Snickerdoodle S’mores Bars are highly addictive! Also, they are incredibly delicious and rich. I would cut this pan into 20 pieces if you can bear it.
I am so excited about the get together we have coming up this weekend. Friends, family, food and fabulous conversation. My favorite kind of get together! In anticipation of this “BBQ” that we are having, I’ve been working on some amazing recipes. I have the main dish down and we will be sharing that this week too. We have really enjoyed burgers this summer, so we are going to change it up and do something different. Off the grill… Gasp! Yes, you heard me right.
Anyway, I have been so excited about the dessert. I had so many different ideas, cakes, cookies, something lemony, seasonal fresh fruit and ice pops all crossed my mind. But then we made this fabulous Campfire S’mores Martini and I have been craving and thinking about s’mores ever since. So, I decided I was going to make s’mores. Nothing fancy.
Soon after this decision I started thinking about cookies again, classic cookies that make me think of my mom. Chocolate chip, peanut butter, and snickerdoodles… SNICKERDOODLES! That’s it! Well the idea was hatched and I was off to develop the recipe.
Snickerdoodle S’mores Bars
A bottom layer with a fabulous toasted crisp crust, a chewy snickerdoodle bar is the base to this incredible dessert. Topped with chocolate and marshmallows and finished off with another layer of snickerdoodle bar. Oh my! With a cinnamon sugar topping and a marshmallow drizzle, I warn you, these are highly addictive! Also, they are incredibly delicious and rich. I would cut this pan into 20 pieces if you can bear it.
With love from our kitchen table to yours! XO
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Easy Dessert Recipes
Snickerdoodle S’mores Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 hershey's bars
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8”x8” baking pan and dust with sugar; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed; cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix to combine, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined. Reduce speed to low. Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and stir.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon to make topping. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Spread half of the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle marshmallows over top in an even layer. Add candy bar in an even layer making sure to cover the whole top. Spread remaining dough evenly on top of candy bars. Sprinkle sugar cinnamon evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool completely before cutting.
- Microwave marshmallows and butter in a heat safe dish, 30 seconds at a time until you have a smooth consistency. Drizzle over bars.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.