Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole is your favorite cheesy potato bake kicked up about 12 notches and slow cooked. With an incredible cheese sauce that comes together with 3 cheeses and bacon it will blow your mind.
We are so excited to be partnering with our friends at Jones Dairy Farm to bring you a scrumptious slow cooker meal perfect served for breakfast, Brinner or even as a perfect side holidays with family and friends, starring one of my favorite ingredients: Bacon!!! Try another favorite, Herb Roasted Cheesy Bacon Potatoes.
With the holidays quickly approaching I can’t help but start thinking about recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And to be honest when a recipe crosses over from breakfast or Brinner (breakfast for dinner) into the perfect side dish, I am in heaven.
I was working on the perfect Brinner recipe, a cheesy bacon potato casserole when I realized what this casserole needed was a cheese sauce like you would have in mac and cheese, but with potatoes and BACON!!!
Truth time here, my picky 7-year-old has been fighting me over trying bacon for years and honestly I haven’t pushed the issue because… well… It’s bacon and I don’t want to share. Well last week when I was working on this recipe Chad asked her to try the bacon again. And she absolutely fell in love. I mean how could you not? Jones Dairy Farm Cherrywood Smoked Sliced Bacon is my favorite, but the Hickory Smoked is totally drool worthy.
So after she devoured the bacon, she sat at my desk telling me all the recipes that I needed to make with the bacon. She is sure to follow in mommy and daddy’s footsteps, dontcha think? Need less to say we have 2 more recipes coming your way that you are going to want on your Thanksgiving table so make sure to keep an eye out for the baconiest Thanksgiving ever!
How To Make Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole
It all starts with tender Russett potatoes and a sprinkling of red bell pepper in the most scrumpious rich and creamy three cheese sauce, loaded wih bacon. It is like your favorite casserole and your favorite mac and cheese got together and created the ultimate cheesy potato casserole.
Rich, creamy and loaded with with all of your favorite flavors, this recipe is a must have on your Thanksgiving table!I have made this casserole again and again. Anytime it is in the house, I have eaten for every meal of the day. So, I can attest to the fact that it makes an amazing breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I will let you all know that you can pick up Jones Dairy Farm products at your local retailer. The company’s products are distributed nationwide, so be sure to check out their product locator so see where you can pick some up. If you’re looking for the breakfast sausage, it’s in the freezer section!
With love from our Simple Kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potato Casserole
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium chicken base
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 16 ounce package Dry Aged Jones Dairy Farm Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Pour diced potatoes into 6-quart slow cooker. Scatter butter and cream cheese over potatoes. Add chicken base and salt. Pour in half-and-half. Stir to combine and smooth into one even layer coated in sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or 4 to 6 hours on low, until potatoes are fork tender. Stir once halfway through cook time, making sure to smooth into one layer so well coated with sauce.
- Once potatoes are ready, add cheese and bacon. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Transfer to serving dish and serve with garnishes of parsley and additional crumbled bacon, if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
When do I add the red pepper?
You add it with the potato. Thanks for askng!
This is so filling and delicious, I am going to have to make this regularly now. Thank you!