Simple Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies are flavorful, soft and chewy. This is also a vegan cookie recipe. Make a batch for a sweet treat!
Sometimes when you are searching for healthy options for your loved ones (or yourself) you create a masterpiece. One that is better than the original. I tell you that it took us a few days to get a picture of these cookies. When I opened the container, I noticed more than half of the cookies were gone. WHAT!?!
So, I was on a mission to find the culprit. I knew it wasn’t me and the cookies were out of munchkins reach, so I approached Mr. Picky. I asked what happened to the cookies. He said, I ate them. Hmmmp. Matter of fact. I said “you ate the gluten free vegan peanut butter cookies? We have dozens of regular cookies.” He replied “They are taste really good and they are nice and moist and chewy, not like regular dry peanut butter cookies. I never knew they were vegan and gluten free, that’s not a selling point for me”. Ok, sold! I bet you are going to love these too!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Simple Gluten-free Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup water, plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed and 3 tablespoons water. Mix until it is one smooth mixture.
- Combine brown sugar and peanut butter in the bowl of a stand mixer (or electric mixer). Beat on medium until well combined. Add flax seed and mix until combined. Add vanilla, baking soda and salt. Beat on medium until combined.
- Add remaining water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing between each addition, until you achieve a nice cookie texture. My mixture takes about 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- Scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet with a 1 tablespoon scoop or using with a heaping teaspoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.