Strawberry Pie Trifle features fresh strawberries, homemade whipped cream and a fantastic strawberry sauce. An unforgettable dessert recipe!
Welcome to TSRI’s Summer Grilling Celebration! Its a fabulous Friday here and we are ending this week with a spectacular strawberry creation. This is your very own slice of heaven; a fresh strawberry pie transformed into a striking trifle.
Strawberry Pie Trifle
With layer upon layer of the seasons freshest strawberries, fresh homemade whipped cream and a fantastic strawberry sauce, this unforgettable trifle dessert will be the topic of conversation at next years barbeque.
This dazzling make ahead dessert is easy to prepare and is perfect for your Memorial Day celebration or a 4th of July picnic!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Strawberry Desserts
Fresh Strawberry Pie Trifle
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3/4 pound fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- red food coloring, if desired
- ready made pie crust roll, I used Pillsbury
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 475°
- Lay ready made pie crust on baking sheet. Roll edge over once to create a decorative look. Prick pie crust thoroughly with fork. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on cooling rack. Cut into 16 slices and set aside.
- In a tall mixing bowl whip heavy cream until peaks form. Slowly add powdered sugar until stiff peaks form, add vanilla and mix until combined. Fill a piping bag or resealable 1 gallon bag with whipped cream. Place in refrigerator until needed.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until well combined. Slowly pour in water and pureed strawberries, whisk constantly. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat and bring to room temperature. Whisk in a few drops food color if deeper red color is desired.
- In 6 individual trifle dishes layer strawberry halves and pour over cooled strawberry syrup. Pipe a layer of whipped cream and crumble 1 slice of baked pie crust over top. Form a second layer of strawberry halves and pour over cooled strawberry syrup. Garnish with a slice of pie crust and a dollop or piped whipped cream. Swirl with a coffee stirrer for a more fun look. Refrigerate until set, about 2-3 hours.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2012.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.