Mint chocolate chip cookie dough dip is going to tease your taste buds and please your sweet tooth. Grab a spoon and dig in, because you are in for a real treat!
Made in minutes, this decadent dessert has the perfect mix of chocolate and mint. Take it to the next big potluck and watch it disappear before your eyes.
This cookie dough dip recipe is perfect for anyone who loves cookie dough, but doesn’t want to deal with raw eggs! Plus, you can use Oreo cookies, graham crackers, or even Thin Mints to scoop it and shovel it into your mouth. For a different flavor try this Christmas Tree Cake Dip, it is delicious!
No need to turn on the oven either! If you are craving more no-bake recipes, don’t miss out on my peppermint cheesecake bars. Seriously, they are insanely good. Or if you are in the mood for ice cream, try this no-bake cookie dough ice cream cake.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip – Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Out of half and half? No problem, you can swap it for milk or the non-dairy milk of your choice. Keep in mind the texture won’t be as creamy and the flavor may vary if you use a substitute.
- Soften the butter. If you forget to set the butter out ahead of time, you will be glad to know you can speed up the process. Add water to a bowl and microwave. Then pour out the water and dry the dish. Then place the butter inside while it’s still hot and it will soften it quickly.
- Heat the flour if you’d like. There are many articles that state eating raw flour is bad for you. If it’s a concern for you, place it on a sheet pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Mixer – Using a good quality mixer will ensure that the texture is perfect!
Video: Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
To see how to make this recipe from start to finish, watch the video in this post.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I make this without a mixer?
Yes, absolutely! While it will take longer to whip up, it’s still going to be just as delicious when mixed by hand. You will need a strong whisk and whip it by hand until it’s thick and creamy.
What do I use to dip in it?
You can really use anything you’d like. We typically reach for mint Oreos because they added mint from the cookie is so good!
Regular Oreos, wafer cookies, or even chocolate chip cookies are all tasty options as well. You can also use pretzels, graham crackers, or eat it by the spoonful.
Can I bake the dough?
No, I’m sorry, but it will not turn out if you try to bake this dip. This is a dip, not an actual cookie dough. In order to bake it and have them turn out properly, you would need to add several ingredients.
How do you store leftovers?
Place the dip in a sealed container with a tight-fitting lid. It will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Or for a chilled treat, place it in the freezer for up to 1 month. The texture will be slightly different, but you can eat it frozen or thawed.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
MORE MINT CHOCOLATE RECIPES
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip + Video
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 12 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars in a medium size mixing bowl. Once mixture if light and fluffy, add extracts and salt. Mix to combine. With the mixer running slowly sprinkle in flour. Mixture will become thick. Add half and half. Mix to combine. Add food coloring until desired color is reached. Mix well to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published March 2013, updated and republished October 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.