Our Oreo fluff is a no bake potluck dessert that tastes like Oreo cheesecake! Make a bowl of fluffy Oreo salad with just 7 ingredients!
When you need an easy to make dessert for a potluck, holiday, or summer cookout, no bake desserts are a great choice.
Sweet, light desserts like Jello salad are popular and delicious, but our favorite dessert recipe involves Oreo® cookies!
Oreo Fluff Recipe
Sweet and creamy is an understatement for this delicious Oreo cookie salad dessert!
Our Oreo salad is made of whipped cream, instant pudding mix, mini marshmallows, and crushed Oreos.
Want something a little more refreshing? This pineapple pina colada cheesecake salad is a favorite, especially during the summer months.
Or, for a cookie-inspired dessert similar to this Oreo fluff dessert, make a cookies and cream trifle.
Oreo Cookie Salad Ingredient Notes
- Cream Cheese – Either a softened block or tub of cream cheese will work.
Whipped cream cheese is not a good option; the air whipped into the mixture prevents the dessert from setting up properly.
- Instant Pudding Mix – Rather than the vanilla instant pudding called for in most fluff recipes, we use cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix.
The combination of cream cheese and pudding mix gives the Oreo cookie salad a creamy cheesecake flavor and consistency.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – You’ll use one half of the heavy cream to thicken the cheesecake pudding mix.
The other half is for making homemade whipped cream.
Using a whipped topping like Cool Whip is an option, but the Oreo salad will have a much softer consistency.
Be sure to watch our video in this post to see how easy this no bake Oreo fluff dessert is to make.
Oreo Fluff Recipe Tips
- Quick Cookie Crushing Hack
If you have a food processor, use it to crush the cookies. Just be sure to use the pulse function so you end up with chunks instead of crumbs.
If you don’t have a food processor, place the cookies into a zip top bag and use a rolling pin or your hands to crush them.
- Chill the mixing bowl.
Metal retains cold better than glass, so if you have one, use a metal mixing bowl to combine the ingredients.
For the best results, pop it in the freezer for a few minutes before getting started.
- Don’t forget the garnish!
Set aside a few cookies for garnishing the Oreo fluff dessert. Use them whole, or turn them into crumbs to dust over the top of the dessert.
- Use Different Flavors
Feel free to swap out the chocolate sandwich cookies for another flavor.
Any crunchy sandwich cookie with a creamy filling works great, like our peanut butter sandwich cookies.
Soft cookies are not a good choice; they become too soggy.
Fluff Salad FAQ
You sure can! Mix up the fluff portion and place it in the refrigerator, covered tightly with plastic.
Just before serving, stir in the marshmallows and crushed cookies. This prevents them from becoming too soft.
The Oreo salad dessert will keep for up to 2 days when covered with plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container.
Keep in mind that the Oreos and marshmallows will soften over time, so it’s best served on the same day that it is made.
You don’t want to use cooked pudding mix for this recipe, since it won’t set up properly.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Cheesecake Salad Recipes
Outrageous Oreo Fluff + Video
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3.4 ounce package of instant cheesecake pudding mix, unprepared
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 14.3 ounce package Oreo cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add the cheesecake pudding mixture and beat until fully combined (mixture will be chunky).
- With the mixer (or hand beater) running on low speed, slowly drizzle 1 ½ cups of the heavy whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Beat well between the addition of small amounts (add only 1 tablespoon at a time).
- Add powdered sugar to the cheesecake mixture and continue beating until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat remaining 1 ½ cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form.Use a spatula to gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture until fully incorporated.
- In a large Ziploc bag, place most of the Oreo cookies, reserving a few whole cookies to use as garnish on the finished salad.
- Use a rolling pin to crush the Oreos into pieces (some can be larger chunks and some can be small crumbles).
- Add miniature marshmallows and crushed Oreos to the cheesecake mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl, garnish with reserved Oreos and miniature marshmallows and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2021, updated and republished February 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.