This English Muffin Pizza recipe couldn’t be any easier to make. Gather up just 5 simple ingredients for a quick meal or snack. Even better, you can skip the oven and make English muffin pizzas in the air fryer in minutes!
English Muffin Pizza
I’m always looking for family friendly recipes that can be made quickly and are easy for the kids to help with.
That’s why you’ll love this English muffin pizza recipe — it’s definitely one to keep in your regular rotation.
It’s a great option for parties and sleepovers too! Set out all of the supplies with a variety of toppings and let your guests create their own unique English muffin pizza.
Not a fan of sourdough? Try French bread air fryer pizza instead. It comes together just as quickly, and you can make larger batches in the oven if needed.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- English Muffins – If you’re unfamiliar, this is a round, flat bread full of nooks and crannies.
While it’s often split open and served with butter or jam, it also makes the perfect base for English muffin pizza!
- Pizza Sauce – Since this English muffin pizza recipe is all about ease, grab a jar of your favorite sauce from the store.
You can also whip up a batch of my 5-minute marinara if you’re feeding a crowd.
- Cheese – Mozzarella is the classic choice! Bagged shreds work just fine for this English muffin pizzas air fryer recipe, but feel free to grate it fresh.
- Italian Seasoning – I like the boost of flavor this blend adds to English muffin pizzas, but it’s entirely optional.
You could also stick with dried parsley or oregano if you prefer.
English Muffin Pizzas Air Fryer Recipe Tips
- Don’t add too much sauce.
Less is more in this case since the sauce will seep into all of the nooks and crannies.
Too much will cause your English muffin pizza to become soggy — no matter how long you cook it!
- Separate English muffins with a fork.
Insert the tines of a fork into one side where the perforation marks are.
Move it in and out all the way around the entire outside. Then, you can easily pull the two halves apart!
- Make ahead instructions:
Assemble each English muffin pizza how you’d like, then arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Freeze for 1-2 hours, until solid, then wrap each one in plastic and store in a freezer safe bag. Or, stack in a container with a layer of parchment in between.
When you’re ready to eat, pop one in the air fryer straight from the freezer and cook for 10-12 minutes at 375°F.
Topping Ideas for English Muffin Pizzas
Get creative and see what interesting combinations you can come up with! Use any of your favorite toppings, but be sure to pre-cook any meat.
Depending on how high you pile the ingredients on your air fryer English muffin pizzas, you may need to add an extra minute or two to the cooking time.
- Meats: sausage, bacon, shredded chicken, cubed ham, ground beef
- Veggies: olives, bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms, halved cherry tomatoes
- Cheese: cheddar, Mexican blend, Romano, Monterey Jack
- Sauces: Alfredo, barbecue, pesto
- Extras: basil, hot sauce, grated Parmesan, pineapple
English Muffin Pizza Recipe FAQ
It’s a big complaint when making them in the oven, but the air fryer works really well at crisping them up.If you’re still concerned, try increasing the time to 7 or 8 minutes so your air fryer English muffin pizzas come out more like a regular slice.Or, pop the muffins in by themselves for a minute or two before adding the sauce and toppings.
It should be in the same case as the salami and packaged deli meat, but you might also find it with the refrigerated salad toppings.You can also use regular size if needed. The minis are just so much fun when making mini air fryer English muffin pizzas!
You can’t go wrong with a simple green salad or some homemade garlic knots!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes
English Muffin Pizza (Air Fryer Recipe)
- 6 English muffins
- 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Split all the English muffins in half. Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce onto each muffin half and spread it around.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the muffins and top them with the pepperoni. Sprinkle the seasoning on each pizza.
- Place three to four pizzas into your air fryer, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Turn the air fryer to 400°F for 6 minutes. Remove the air fryer’s pizzas and place the next batch into the pan. Reduce the cooking time to 5 minutes because they are preheated. Repeat this step until all the pizzas are done cooking.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021, updated and republished August 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.