English muffin pizza only needs 5 ingredients and is perfect for any meal or snack. Skip the oven and cook it in the air fryer in minutes.
I’m always looking for family friendly recipes that can be made quickly and are easy for the kids to help with.
That’s why you’ll love this English muffin pizza recipe, and it’s definitely one to keep in your regular rotation.
It’s a great option for parties and sleepovers too! Set out all of the supplies with a variety of toppings and let your guests create their own unique pizza on an English muffin.
Not a fan of sourdough? Try French bread air fryer pizza instead. It comes together just as quickly, and you can make larger batches in the oven if needed.
English Muffin Pizza – Tips and Tricks
- Feeding a crowd? Instead of buying multiple jars of sauce, whip up a batch of my 5-minute marinara.
- Skip the bagged shreds. While they are certainly more convenient, these contain anti-caking agents that prevent the cheese from melting properly. Always buy fresh and grate it yourself for best results.
- Don’t add too much sauce. Less is more in this case, since it will seep into all of the nooks and crannies. Too much will cause them to be soggy.
- Tip for separating each muffin: Stick a fork in the side and move it in and out around the entire outside. Then, you can easily pull the two halves apart.
Get creative and see what interesting combinations you can come up with! Use any of your favorite toppings, but be sure to pre-cook any meat.
Depending on how high you pile the ingredients on your air fryer English muffin pizza, you may need to add an extra minute or two to the cooking time.
- Meats: sausage, bacon, shredded chicken, cubed ham, ground beef
- Veggies: olives, bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms, halved cherry tomatoes
- Cheese: cheddar, Mexican blend, Romano, Monterey Jack
- Sauces: Alfredo, barbecue, pesto
- Extras: basil, hot sauce, grated Parmesan, pineapple
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Do English muffin pizzas end up soggy?
It’s a big complaint when making them in the oven, but the air fryer works really well at crisping them up.
If you’re still concerned, try increasing the time to 7 or 8 minutes so it comes out more like a regular slice.
Or, pop the muffins in by themselves for a minute or two before adding the sauce and toppings.
Where can I find mini pepperoni?
It should be in the same case as the salami and packaged deli meat, but you might also find it with the refrigerated salad toppings.
You can also use regular size if needed. The minis are just so much fun when making pizza on an English muffin!
What goes with air fryer pizza?
You can’t go wrong with a simple green salad or some homemade garlic knots!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas
- 6 English muffins
- 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Split all the English muffins in half. Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce onto each muffin half and spread it around.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the muffins and top them with the pepperoni. Sprinkle the seasoning on each pizza.
- Place three to four pizzas into your air fryer, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Turn the air fryer to 400°F for 6 minutes. Remove the air fryer’s pizzas and place the next batch into the pan. Reduce the cooking time to 5 minutes because they are preheated. Repeat this step until all the pizzas are done cooking.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.