Lime in the Coconut Sugar Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies are super flavorful and delicious. The sweet coconut gives them an amazing extra layer of flavor.
Chad and I have been brainstorming cookie ideas for a while. He really wanted lime and coconut sugar cookies, which sounded very peculiar to me. But, I searched for inspiration anyway.
I ran across a recipe from Rock Recipes that drew me in – chewy and delicious, with a sugar coating. I adapted the recipe to suit our tastes and what came out of the oven is almost indescribable.
First let me say, Chad has confiscated the cookies (apparently he thought being I got the pan of “that must have been good” Captain Morgan’s Banana Rum Cake we were even).
Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
They are so flavorful and delicious. The lime is perfect without knocking you over the head. The coconut gives it an extra layer of flavor. These are on the favorites list and we will definitely be making these again. I am thinking of adding them to our Christmas baskets this year. Why not?
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Sugar Cookie Recipes
Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of two large limes, finely minced (approximately 1 ½ teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. If you haven’t already toasted your coconut just put a layer of coconut on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350° F for 6-8 minutes. Watch out. It can burn quickly.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand or electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest. Beat until well combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut. Mix until combined, do not over mix.
- Roll rounded one tablespoon scoops of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. I can get about 20 to a jelly roll pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything who found it on My Baking Addiction who found it on Rock Recipes.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2012.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
These sound amazing! 🙂
Oh, I LOVED these when I made them, SO yummy!! LOVE your pictures!!
i would LOVE to find this in my Christmas basket!
I will be making these soon for sure!
They look super tasty, great post.
These look soooo good! I can't wait to make them.
Do you think I can use coconut oil in place of the butter?
Plan to make but will substitute coconut oil for butter.
I have not tried that. Coconut oil may make the texture different. Let us know how it goes! Enjoy.
what's sweetened coconut?
Such a unique sugar cookie. The kids loved making them and ate them all LOL