Today, I made this Hearty Tex-Mex Breakfast Burrito for lunch. It was flavorful, filling, and completely satisfying.
After a week of indulgence, I have finally convinced myself I really need to get back on a healthy track. Today, I made this Hearty Tex-Mex Breakfast Burrito for lunch. It was flavorful, filling, and completely satisfying. It was only 369 calories and had a whopping 42g of protein. You may even want to share this with a friend or save half for another meal.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Hearty Tex-Mex Breakfast Burrito
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mixed diced bell peppers, red, green and yellow
- 1/4 cup small diced onion
- 2 pre-cooked turkey sausage, diced
- 1/4 cup small diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 and 1/4 teaspoon Mexican Spice Mix
- 1 slice 2% American or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 low carb tortillas
- olive oil cooking spray
- In a small bowl add egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon Mexican Spice Mix. Use a fork or whisk to combine well, just until bubbles start to form. Set bowl aside.
- Place a 10" frying pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil cooking spray, add peppers and onion and 1/2 teaspoon of Mexican Spice Mix. Add 1/2 a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir continuously until veggies start to become translucent. Add sausage and about a tablespoon of water.
- Continue stirring, once peppers are cooked, but not browned remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap.
- Return pan to medium heat, add egg white mixture and stir.
- Once eggs start to come together add parsley and then tomatoes.
- Once eggs are completely cooked add veggie mixture and stir well.
- Divide eggs between 2 tortillas. Add 1/2 slice cheese to each.
- Fold tortillas and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published July 2011
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.