Healthy Homestyle Baked Chicken Nuggets
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Homestyle Baked Chicken Nuggets is a healthy chicken recipe for kids, but adults love them just as much! The oven baked tenders are perfectly crispy and juicy!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Happy Monday Slow Roasters! Monday is a new week and it represents a chance to make a fresh start to a lot of people. I am one of those people. I love Mondays, it is the first day of the week. The perfect day to start off on the right foot, start a diet, start exercising, start anything…
This is an exciting week here at TSRI. We have our Mexican Party Food for Cinco de Mayo round up this Thursday.
Cocktails, salsas, and the perfect Cinco de Mayo party foods!
Today I am so excited to share this chicken nuggets recipe that I can’t seem to cook fast enough. We have had them 3 times this week already.
Chad says that these are the best baked chicken nuggets he has ever had and that they are addictive. They are crispy on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside. They only take 30 minutes from start to table. I also have a healthy chicken cordon bleu recipe that you will love!
I can’t even tell you how they freeze, because the chance of these making it to the freezer are ZERO. I can tell you that I made 2 batches last night and we ate one and I refrigerated the other. I was able to reheat them perfectly in the oven in 10 minutes (5 minutes per side)! It was like they were fresh cooked. Perfectly crisp on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
These fabulous Healthy Homestyle Baked Chicken Nuggets were served with a tomato salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with kosher salt and rosemary. Although Chad insists these chicken nuggets do not need a side dish.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Healthy Homestyle Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko, Japanese-style bread crumbs
- olive oil spray, Non-stick
- olive oil spray, propellant free – I used my Misto
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare three medium sized bowls: add flour, salt and pepper in the first bowl stir to combine. Put egg whites in the second bowl. Combine the panko and Italian bread crumbs in the third bowl and mix with a fork.
- Place several pieces of chicken into the flour and toss to lightly coat with flour.
- One piece at a time dip chicken into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken nuggets on baking sheet without letting them touch. Once the baking sheet is filled with nuggets, lightly spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (until the nuggets are golden brown on the bottom side). Flip nuggets over, lightly mist with olive oil and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2012.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
I make these often for the kids! And of course, we adults like them too:)
Oh yeah – I bet these are delicious! Anything bite sized is at risk for being eaten fast at our house. Pop one in and then another, etc. Before you know they are gone!
I love homemade chicken fingers/nuggets and these look awesome! So much healthier than fast food or anything you could get frozen.
This looks wonderful! Would be a definite hit with my kids! I got to make a double batch! Thanks for sharing!
i could live off chicken and i'm always looking for new ways to eat it! healthy baked chicken nuggest sound perfect. I'd dip these in honey mustard or bbq sauce. 🙂
Just wondering… how come you don't simply cut nugget-sized pieces of chicken instead of smaller pieces?
They are really nugget size. I guess it is all perspective. Let us know if you make these. They are dynamite!
Oh, duh! I don't know why when I first read it I thought you were saying that you stuck several pieces of chicken together. It's clear now, though. I'm going to make it tomorrow! I'll report back.
Confused about why the egg whites are yellow in the bowl and recipe calls for 4 egg whites, but saying put 2 egg whites in a bowl . Please explain so I can can understand and make these chicken nuggets. Thanks.
I am not sure why the egg whites look so yellow. I have also removed the random #2 that appeared in the recipe. Add 4 egg whites to bowl.
Thank you, enjoy and let us know how it goes!
These taste so good! Made them for my kids to be a bit healthier, and they love them! Awesome recipe.