If you are still seeking that perfect summery treat this may well be it. We are talking tons of summery strawberries, strawberry sauce and fresh cream. Our fresh strawberry pie trifle is like summer in a dish.
Munchkin is a banana lover but once summer comes around we can buy enough strawberries. She loves strawberries fresh, on pancakes, in trifles, mixed with other berries, in popsicles, in our guilt free strawberry ice cream, in smoothies, and in our favorite jam but once we break out the decadence this strawberry pie trifle certainly takes the cake.
This scrumptious trifle is perfect for your summer party, lunch or just because.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Make sure you don’t miss our favorite summery strawberry recipes. Click on the image or the link to open in a new window.
Strawberry Pretzel Sandbar Summertime Dessert Cups are a salty sweet summertime treat that will have them begging for more.
3 Ingredient Homemade Strawberry Syrup is a luscious fresh strawberry sauce ready in a snap!
With only 3 Ingredients you can make this amazing 5 Minute Strawberry Banana Ice Cream. Something you can feel good about eating!
Fresh Strawberry Pie Trifle
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 3/4 pound fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- red food coloring, if desired
- ready made pie crust roll, I used Pillsbury
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 475°
- Lay ready made pie crust on baking sheet. Roll edge over once to create a decorative look. Prick pie crust thoroughly with fork. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on cooling rack. Cut into 16 slices and set aside.
- In a tall mixing bowl whip heavy cream until peaks form. Slowly add powdered sugar until stiff peaks form, add vanilla and mix until combined. Fill a piping bag or resealable 1 gallon bag with whipped cream. Place in refrigerator until needed.
- In small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until well combined. Slowly pour in water and pureed strawberries, whisk constantly. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat and bring to room temperature. Whisk in a few drops food color if deeper red color is desired.
- In 6 individual trifle dishes layer strawberry halves and pour over cooled strawberry syrup. Pipe a layer of whipped cream and crumble 1 slice of baked pie crust over top. Form a second layer of strawberry halves and pour over cooled strawberry syrup. Garnish with a slice of pie crust and a dollop or piped whipped cream. Swirl with a coffee stirrer for a more fun look. Refrigerate until set, about 2-3 hours.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.