Fiesta Chicken Dip is a simple layered dip featuring creamy salsa chicken that is topped with fresh corn salsa. It is bursting with flavor and this recipe is so easy to put together. This scoopable party dip is sure to be the star of the show. A great way to use up left over chicken!
Every year at the end of August I find myself in a conundrum. All the kids are back to school, everyone is already looking to fall. But it is still 100 degrees here in Phoenix. I tend to be looking for something to eat, somewhere in between beach day and game day food and honestly I am craving both. I want hot comforting food and I am also have a hankering for fresh flavors. It is quite the culinary dilemma. haha
The other night when I was trying to figure out what to do with some shredded chicken, I had an epiphany of sorts. Although I really wanted a Mexican chicken dish that is creamy and comforting I also craved something bright and fresh. My corn salsa was the perfect match. I decided to take the two and create a scoopable dinner. I don’t know about you, but any food that I can eat with my fingers, is that much better.
The top layer of this dip is a bright fresh corn salsa with jalapeno,
bursting with lime flavor. That is served a top a creamy salsa chicken
layer. Together they create a mouth watering dip. Perfect for a fun
scoopable dinner, bring to the beach or game day.
If you are lucky enough to
have left overs you can warm them up together and wrap in a flour
tortilla, taco shell or on tostatas. It is amazing served over rice and
of course you know I am making some into taquitos (left over taquitos
make my world go round).
When I was making this Fiesta Chicken Dip, I knew immediately that Cayman Jack Margarita‘s would go superbly with it. The key lime flavor in Cayman Jack really compliments the creamy salsa chicken layer in this dip and enhances the freshness of the corn salsa layer.
With blue agave nectar, organic key lime and pure cane sugar in this ready-to-serve, hand-crafted margarita it is perfectly sweet and incredibly refreshing. I have to say I was skeptical of a ready-to-serve margarita. But this malt beverage did not disappoint. True authentic ingredients and incredible flavor!
I am already making plans to incorporate these into our game day menus! Just picture it; crockpot barbacoa, cilantro lime rice, Fiesta Chicken Dip and ready to serve margaritas. Woot! I’m in.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Mexican Recipes
Fiesta Chicken Dip
- 1 1/2 cups thawed frozen corn, or a 15 ounce can drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (seeds and veins removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 12 ounces shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup your favorite roasted salsa
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- In a medium bowl combine corn, onion, peppers, garlic, cilantro, salt and lime juice. Toss to mix and set aside for the flavors to combine.
- Meanwhile: in a medium (microwave safe bowl) or saucepan combine chicken and salsa. Heat on stove top or microwave until hot, add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese melts into salsa chicken. Continue heating until your chicken mixture is hot.
- Smooth salsa chicken into the bottom your serving dish. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the corn salsa on top of the chicken, draining all liquid.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published August 2015
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.