Easier Than Caramelized Onions is a very simple recipe for no mess, no fuss caramelized onions with very little added calories.
This is a very simple recipe for no muss, no fuss caramelized onions with very little added calories. I used this recipe on a pizza that was out of this world good! I will be posting that next! Enjoy!!!
Recipe barely adapted from – I Can’t Believe Its Not Fattening by Devin Alexander pg. 225
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Easier Than Caramelized Onions
- 2 medium onions, 1 red, 1 yellow, sliced very thin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra virgin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the onions on the baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over them and season them with the salt and pepper. Toss them well. Spread them evenly over the baking sheet. Bake them for 20-25 minutes, turning about every 5 minutes, until the onions are cooked through and caramelized (soft and lightly browned).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.