Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon recipe is full of delicious and tender veggies, with juicy, melt in your mouth beef cooked in wine.
What can you make with chuck roast?
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon is one of those incredibly easy to make meals that leave everyone rave about it. The beef is cooked to tender perfection, while so juicy and full of flavor from being slowly simmered in wine for eight hours.
The veggies will melt in your mouth, they get tender and buttery and not mushy. I love to serve this meal on holidays and when I expect company, the recipe is very easy and effortless to make, while the results are fantastic.
Helpful Tips to make Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon:
- Make sure you buy high-quality beef, that will make a huge difference.
- Make sure you also brown the beef, it will lock the beef flavors and make this dish even better.
- You can add less or more garlic, depending on your own preference. I absolutely love adding the crushed garlic, it makes the broth so much better.
- Adding the dried herbs will season the broth and make it very tasty, you can also use fresh herbs if you have some on hands.
- You can use either chicken broth or beef broth, both work amazing in this recipe.
- If you prefer to make this recipe without the alcohol, you can use beef or chicken broth instead.
What you will need to make Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon:
- Slow Cooker with aluminum insert – this slow cooker is amazing if you want to saute the meat directly into the slow cooker, without extra dishes to clean. Totally worth the investment.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite slow cooker beef recipes:
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- 2-3 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups red cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 12 ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- fresh thyme, optional
- fresh chopped parsley
- If you are using a slow cooker with an aluminum insert, select the saute function and pre-heat it. Once hot, add the olive oil.
- If your slow cooker does not have an aluminum insert, preheat a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and add it brown it for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the beef is nicely browned.
- Add the flour and cook it for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and mix until combined. At this point, if you are using a skillet, transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomato sauce, wine, Worcestershire sauce, dried rosemary, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the garlic cloves, carrots, potatoes and sliced mushrooms.
- Stir well to combine. Add the quartered onion and fresh thyme.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 or until the beef is tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.