Days are getting shorter and my time is highly coveted this time of year so I work really hard to turn our favorite dishes into quick and easy meals that are incredibly delicious and fast.
I transformed our beloved chicken cordon bleu into our new favorite soup. A rich, creamy and oh so cheesy soup loaded with your favorite chicken cordon bleu fillings! Topped with crispy garlic croutons to give the perfect crunch. You are going to love this easy chicken cordon bleu soup!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Soup Recipes
30 Minute Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- 6 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cup 95% lean ham chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cup milk
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup garlic croutons
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In heavy bottomed Dutch oven or large wide pot, over medium-high heat, add chicken stock, butter and all seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice potatoes and cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Add potatoes and chicken to soup mixture. Stir to combine and cover.
- In a mason jar or sealable container combine flour and milk. Seal tightly and shake the living tar out of it, until it is well combined. You will create a smooth flour mixture for thickening your sauce called a slurry. Slowly pour the slurry into broth, stirring constantly. Add cheese and ham chunks and stir. Cover.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over top and with garlic croutons. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.