Layer upon layer of rich chocolaty brownies, perfectly sweet cheesecake and cherries come together to create your new favorite no-bake summer dessert. Cherry Chocolate Chip Icebox Cheesecake is a simple icebox cake recipe that is bursting with flavor. This recipe is a keeper!
A few months ago we were introduced to Brownie Brittle. My snacking and dessert life has not been the same ever since. My favorite part of the brownie is always the crisp bits around the edges and when I found these portable brownies edges I was absolutely thrilled. We are so excited to be partnering with Brownie Brittle.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Brownie Icebox Cheesecake
Brownie Brittle has become a fun part of my snacking and dessert flavors. I have enjoyed snacking on the rich, dense brownie squares. But I knew I needed to create fabulous desserts with it too. This icebox cake is just one of the outrageous brownie recipes. I have a quart of homemade Brownie Brittle Ice Cream chilling in the freezer too. I have so many ideas for recipes. What would you do with it?
This icebox cake is easy to create, but the flavors are far from simple. Layer upon layer of rich chocolate chip Brownie Brittle, creamy cheesecake and swirls of cherry syrup is enough to make your heart go pitter-patter. I mean really look at those gorgeous layers, don’t you just want to dive into that cake?
To really take this recipe over the top, it is frosted with a scrumptious vanilla whipped cream and decorated with Brownie Brittle bits and crumbs. Topped with sweet cherries this recipe has earned a permanent place in your recipe file. It is truly a dancing in your kitchen kind of dessert. As soon as one bite hits your tongue you will be singing a chorus of the “mmmm mmmm good” variety and twirling and dancing.
This cake is all about the Brownie Brittle! The richness really comes through and takes a simple icebox cake to a whole different level. If you have never tried it, I recommend you pick up a bag. I am a brownie lover from way back and I have always cut out the center of the brownie and kept the edges for me. I love the enhanced flavor of the Brownie Brittle cookies. Chocolate Chip is my favorite, but I have to say Mint Chocolate Chip is amazing. The crunchy toffee bits in the Toffee Crunch and velvety caramel chips in the Salted Caramel make these absolutely addictively delish! They are all awesome. Needless to say Brownie Brittle and I are a match made in heaven.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Icebox Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese, 2 – 8 ounce packages, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 vanilla beans, divided
- juice of 1 lemon, about ¼ cup
- 4 ounce package Brownie Brittle Chocolate Chip
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 21 ounce can country cherry pie filling, divided
- Line a 9”x5” baking pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Add 1½ cups heavy cream and beat until combined.
- Split one vanilla bean down the middle lengthwise and use the back of your knife to remove the seeds. Add seeds from one vanilla bean and lemon juice to cream cheese mixture. Whip until light and fluffy.
- Pour ½ cup heavy cream into a shallow bowl. Set aside. If desired you can pour cherries into a sieve over a bowl to separate the cherries and the syrup. Return cherries to can and use syrup in the next steps.
- Add 1 cup cheesecake to baking pan and use spatula to smooth into even layer. Quickly dip Brownie Brittle pieces into heavy cream, one at a time, and place onto cheesecake mixture covering the entire pan (this will take about 6 -8 pieces per layer). Repeat cheesecake layer and brownie layer again.
- Layer 1 cup cheesecake on 2nd layer of Brownie Brittle and a little less than add half of cherry pie filling syrup. Quickly dip Brownie Brittle pieces into heavy cream, one at a time, and place onto cherry pie filling syrup covering the entire pan (this will take about 6 -8 pieces per layer). Repeat cheesecake layer, brownie layer and syrup again. Reserve remaining Brownie Brittle. Crush into crumbs and set aside. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Once the cake is frozen: prepare the frosting. In a tall bowl whip remaining 1 cup heavy cream with an electric mixer until you can start to see a trail of the mixer through the cream. Split one vanilla bean down the middle lengthwise and use the back of your knife to remove the seeds. Add vanilla seeds, salt and powdered sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. (In other words when you turn off the blender and lift the beaters out of the cream, the cream stand up on the end of the beater). Chill until ready to use.
- Remove cake from freezer, invert pan onto a plate. Frost with whipped cream. Sprinkle remaining crumbs onto side of cake and gently press into whipped cream. Store in freezer until ready to serve.
- To prepare for serving: spoon reserved cherries over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You may substitute 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract for the vanilla beans.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.