Grilled Hawaiian Ham Kabobs are the perfect portable breakfast or brinner. A simple recipe loaded with your favorite flavors: ham, pineapple and veggies skewered and brushed with a glorious sweet and tangy sauce. It is grilled until perfectly smoky and delicious. This one is so good you’ll be going back for more!
We are so excited to be partnering with our friends at Jones Dairy Farm to bring you a scrumptious breakfast or brunch recipe perfect for the holidays with family and friends, starring one of my favorite ingredients: Ham!!!
I have to admit I haven’t been camping in the traditional sense since I was a kid. You know, sleeping on the dirt in a tent in the woods. We did an RV a few times when I was young, and I am thrilled to hike, fish, sit by the campfire and hang out with friends but at the end of the day this girl is ready to retire to my cozy bed. Now, whether that be in a cabin in the woods with the full amenities or in a nearby hotel is completely optional. I guess you could say I’d be more up for ‘glamping’. But one thing I am always up for is grilling.
Whether I am home or away I am happy to tackle the grill. Even when you are camping you don’t have to stick with franks and beans. Cooking on the grill or over the campfire is really just like cooking in my kitchen but with fire. I love the smoky flavor of food cooked on the grill too, you really can’t beat it.
So last weekend it was 120°F in Phoenix. The funny thing is that when you are standing in front of the grill it is hot anyway so the heat doesn’t seem to bother me as much. So I whipped up these scrumptious Grilled Hawaiian Ham Kabobs. They are the perfect breakfast or dinner.
Serving Grilled Hawaiian Ham Kabobs
With My favorite Hawaiian flavors skewered together and brushed with a scrumptious sweet and tangy pineapple sauce and then grilled until the vegetables are perfectly crisp tender and smoky. I top them with baked tater tots to make them the most amazingly portable breakfast you have ever enjoyed.
They are perfect for the campfire and being they are make with fully cooked ham steak, pineapple and vegetables there are so easy to prep ahead, store in the cooler and cook over the campfire or grill later. You are going to love them!
I will let you all know that you can pick up Jones Dairy Farm products at your local retailer. The company’s products are distributed nationwide, so be sure to check out their product locator so see where you can pick some up. If you’re looking for the breakfast sausage, it’s in the freezer section!
With love from our Simple Kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Breakfast is what Jones Dairy Farm does! Can’t get enough? Find more scrumptious breakfast and brunch recipes here.
Grilled Hawaiian Ham Kabobs
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste, or minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 14 ounce fully cooked Jones Dairy Farm Ham Steaks, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1/4 red onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- extra cooking oil for preparing grill grates
- 1 bag tater tots rounds
- Soak 8 wood skewers in water for at least 30 minutes, this helps keep them from burning.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, combine glaze ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Stir occasionally, until the liquid is reduced by half (you can skip this step but I love the thick coating of sauce on the kabobs).
- Meanwhile, prep the pineapple and veggies. Prepare tater tots according to package directions.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Layer the ham, pineapple and veggies on skewers. Layer them so the ingredients are touching but not smashed together. Divide the ingredients out over 8 skewers.
- Wad a couple of paper towels into a ball and hold with grill tongs. Dip the wad of paper towels into a bowl of cooking oil. Rub paper towel over the hot grill grates to thoroughly coat them.
- Place the kabobs on the grill. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Brush with reserved marinade when you place them on the grill and each time your turn the kabobs. Remove from the grill and top with hot tater tots. Serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.