Reese’s peanut butter pie has an extraordinary crust that will truly blow your mind! Add this no bake dessert to your permanent recipe file.
A light and fluffy filling and a fully loaded mix of toppings really make this peanut butter silk pie sing.
Homemade whipped cream and a generous amount of Reese’s cups, peanuts, and chocolate drizzle create a stunning display that’s just as delicious as it looks.
Plus, this dessert goes from prep to plate in just 30 minutes – perfect for a sudden craving or last-minute guests!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Use a cup to form the crust. Press the flat bottom of a glass or measuring cup into the crumbs to avoid dips and divots from your fingertips. It will keep your hands clean as well!
- Tip for easier drizzling: Spoon the melted chocolate into a piping bag after it cools for a few seconds. Or, use a small ziploc bag and snip off the tip of a bottom corner.
- Want to make this ahead of time? Keep your Reese’s peanut butter pie covered in the refrigerator for a day or two. Or, prep the crust and toppings the night before so all you need to do is assemble everything and melt the chocolate just before serving.
- Create clean, even slices. Run a large knife under hot water and dry completely. The metal will retain the heat, allowing it to glide easily through the peanut butter silk pie.
Swap the Oreo’s in the crust for Nutter Butters or substitute a store bought graham cracker crust instead.
For something extra indulgent, drizzle some of my no fail caramel sauce over the chocolate topping.
Craving more crunch? Replace the peanuts with peanut M&M candies. You could even pick out specific colors for holiday flair!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I freeze this dessert?
I don’t see why not! Wrap it well in a layer of plastic and foil and enjoy within 1 to 2 months for best results.
Then, allow the dessert to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Can I substitute Cool Whip for the whipped cream?
Yes, just be sure to thaw it completely in the refrigerator first. If you’re short on time, float the container in a bowl of cold water until it has softened enough to stir.
Keep in mind that the amounts won’t be quite the same as homemade. You will most likely need one whole 8-ounce container for the filling, plus more to spread on top.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
MORE NO BAKE RECIPES
Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie (No Bake) + Video
- 24 whole Oreo's
- 40 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, (wrappers removed, divided)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 16.3 ounce jar chunky peanut butter, (approximately 1¾ cups)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- In a tall bowl whip heavy cream with an electric mixer until you can start to see a defined trail through the cream. Add vanilla and slowly add 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. (In other words when you turn off the blender and lift the beaters out of the cream, the cream stand up on the end of the beater). Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a food processor combine cookies and 20 peanut butter cups. Pulse until your mixture is crumbs. Slowly pour butter in through the feed tube. Pulse until combined and crumbs are moistened.
- Pour crumbs into a 9” pie plate and press mixture on the bottom and around the sides to form pie crust. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- To prepare the filling: Combine cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add peanut butter. Beat until well combined. Fold in ½ of the whipped cream until it is completely incorporated. Pour into chilled pie crust. Smooth with a spatula. Pour remaining whipped cream over top. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare toppings.
- Place the milk chocolate in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- Quarter the remaining 20 mini peanut butter cups.
- Sprinkle peanut butter cups over pie. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over pie. Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over pie (or transfer chocolate to a plastic sandwich bag and cut a very small hole in the corner, then drizzle over pie).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2013, updated and republished September 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.