Mexican Corn Skillet with Sausage is a fabulous simple recipe ready in 25 minutes, made all in one skillet. Hot sausage combines with red bell and jalapeno peppers to add some fantastic flavor to sweet roasted corn. Finish this dish off with some fresh tomatoes and spices and you have a home run. This simple recipe is definitely going on our permanent meal plan!
How to Make Spicy Mexican Corn Skille
Some days by the time I am getting dinner ready I really have no energy left. All I want to do is feed my family and go relax. One skillet meals are such a life saver. Aside from the option of making a huge mess and leaving it for the morning (which I have to admit may have happened once or twenty times), cleaning up a skillet and a few plates is so much more appealing after dinner.
This weekend I was craving an easy dinner with corn. When I think of comfort food, I think of corn (it is the perfect partner for mashed potatoes, right). Did I mention I am a corn lover? Chad is from Iowa and he took me back home for the Sweet Corn Festival in Cedar Rapids a few years back.
I fell in love with the whole town. I think it could have been all the corn. Just kidding.
One of my favorite parts of this recipe is this awesome Kitchen Hack for Halving Grape Tomatoes. It is one of my most fun kitchen tips. I love slicing tomatoes, grapes and olives this way.
I mean you could use a cooks knife and cutting board, but why?
But seriously I love corn, so why not make it the centerpiece for a fabulous Mexican skillet? The perfect weeknight dinner bursting with flavor that goes from prep to plate in just 25 minutes. What more could you ask for?
Helpful Tips to make Spicy Mexican Corn Skillet with Sausage:
- I love this skillet with hot Italian sausage or chorizo. Use whatever you like.
What you will need to make Spicy Mexican Corn Skillet with Sausage:
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite skillet recipes:
Spicy Mexican Corn Skillet with Sausage
- 1 pound hot sausage links or ground
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 jalapeno peppers, (seeded, deveined and diced)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place a large 12” cast iron skillet over high heat, allow pan to warm (about 2-3 minutes). Remove sausage from casing (if necessary) and add to hot pan. Break up the sausage with a spatula or a chop N stir. Cook until fully cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut red peppers into bite size pieces and dice jalapenos.
- Remove sausage from skillet when cooked through and place on a plate. Add red bell pepper and jalapeno peppers to hot skillet. If there are no drippings from the sausage add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Toss peppers and cook for 2 minutes until they start to soften slightly.
- Move peppers to the edges of the skillet and pour corn into the center. Move corn around with spatula to make the layer as thin as possible (so a lot of the corn is touching the skillet). Allow corn to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice grape tomatoes into halves. Use this kitchen hack for fast tomato slicing.
- Add sausage back to skillet, add cumin and pepper. Stir to combine. Add tomatoes on top and cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.