TSRI’s Signature Barbecue Sauce is a smoky sauce with a mouth watering aroma. Perfectly sweet, with just enough spice to warm your palate.
Welcome to TSRI’s Summer Grilling Celebration! It has been an amazing few weeks of grilling recipes. But, what is a season of grilling without your own signature BBQ sauce? We keep coming back to use this sauce again. It is amazing! We have used it on the Bacon Bourbon Barbeque Chicken Kabobs and the Lil Texas Barbeque Sliders it is delicious on everything! We use it as a dipping sauce, on ribs, burgers, chicken and so many other ways.
We have an amazing burger coming up in a few weeks that uses this barbecue sauce again. It is our go to sauce. It seems like a daunting task when you look at it. But, it is really simple. It is made in one pan and everything this recipe calls for I keep in my pantry all the time.
It is a well balanced smoky barbecue sauce with a mouth watering aroma. Its perfectly sweet, with just enough spice to warm your palate.
Trust me, once you make this sauce you won’t want to buy store bought ever again. Enjoy! Make a double batch and put it in the fridge. I will share more recipes using this sauce really soon.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
TSRI’s Signature Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ancho chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large saucepan heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add ketchup and 2/3 cup water, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor; puree until smooth. Pour into a mason jar; cool to room temperature.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.