Meat Lover’s Cheesy Stuffed Pizza Burger is a combination of two of our family favorites. Burgers and pizza come together to create this flavor sensation! This outrageous burger patty consists of 3 meats and is stuffed and topped with ooey gooey cheese. It is a simple recipes and one that you absolutely have to try!
Meat Lover’s Cheesy Stuffed Pizza Burgers
Labor Day marks the end of ‘grilling season’ for some. Luckily, we live in Arizona, with our gorgeous weather we can grill throughout most of the year. Regardless we love having parties every year to mark the end of summer. We celebrate the end of unbelievable temperatures (110 and above) and welcome the cooler season.
This past weekend we had a little summer party and of course, burgers were on the menu, but I kept thinking about grilled pizza. We have been enjoying pizza on the grill, and I was really craving it. I came to the only logical solution. I decided to combine our two loves: pizza and burgers. The ultimate pizza burger was on its way.
It takes a really special burger to compare to our fabulous homemade pizzas. So, I went all out and loaded this creation with our favorite toppings! Our favorite pizza is the meat-lovers, and it comes with beef, sausage (sometimes double), pepperoni and bacon.
That favorite pizza was the delicious inspiration for this burger recipe. Meat Lover’s Cheesy Stuffed Pizza Burger is fully loaded with beef, sausage, bacon and stuffed with mozzarella cheese. Then the burger is cooked to perfection on a grill.
It’s served on a toasted ciabatta bun with more cheese, pepperoni, and your favorite marinara. Now, that’s love! Cheesy Stuffed Pizza Burgers are ready in just 30 minutes and will certainly be the star of your get together!
Come on, get your grill on!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Meat Lover’s Cheesy Stuffed Pizza Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef, about 80%
- 1 pound mild ground Italian sausage
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 7 ounce package pepperoni slices
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 6 ciabatta buns
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Dice bacon into small pieces. You can use kitchen shears to make it easier. Combine the cut bacon, beef, and sausage in a large bowl. Mix them until just combined. Overmixing can cause the meat to be tough, and that does not make for a good burger.
- Divide the beef mixture into 12 (4 ounce) portions and form into patties that are a little bit bigger than your bun. Add two tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese to the middle of 6 of the patties.
- Then place a patty without cheese on it over the cheese topped patty. Use your fingertips to pinch around the patties to seal them closed. Repeat until all burgers are formed.
- Place your burgers on the grill. Allow the burgers to cook until you reach your desired doneness. Use a grill spatula to flip the burgers. Only flip them one time. If the burger gets stuck to the grill, it is most likely not ready to be flipped.
- Cook time for medium cooked is about 4 minutes on each side. Close the lid to cook through. If you need to, you can relocate the burgers to indirect heat for several minutes to finish cooking.
- Use a bread knife to slice ciabatta buns in half to create a top and bottom bun. Place the buns cut-side down on the grill and cook until toasted.
- Top the burgers with approximately ten pepperoni pieces and a slice of provolone for the last few minutes of cooking. Close the lid to melt the cheese.
- Place about 10 pepperoni on each bun, then top with about a tablespoon of marinara. Place burger on the sauce and place the top bun on the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.