This is the most amazing beer cheese sauce you will ever try! Beer and cheddar cheese combine with smoked paprika and ground chile de Arbol to create a rich, smoky deep beer cheese queso with a flavor that you will crave!
Beer Cheese Sauce
This Smoky Beer Cheddar Cheese Sauce is the consummate accompaniment to fries, tots, onion rings and more. It is also the best cheese topping for a burger.
Not that you will have any left over, but it does refrigerate rather well and the flavors are even more spectacular the next day.
If the cheese seizes up on you when you pull it out of the fridge, warm it up and add a splash of half and half. Then stir. Perfect!
Helpful Tips for Making Beer Cheese Queso:
- Use your favorite beer. We use Blue Moon because it’s our favorite.
- If you can not find ground chile de Arbol, you can grind your own, or substitute cayenne (to taste). Start with 1/4 teaspoon and increase from there.
Supplies for Making Beer Cheese Sauce:
- Medium Sauce Pan-
- Ground Chile de Arbol –
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
OHTER RECIPES MADE WITH BEER
Beer Cheese Queso Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chile de arbol, can substitute cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup beer, Belgian style wheat beer (Blue Moon)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk; allow flour to cook for 2-3 minutes to cook out the ‘floury’ taste. Add garlic, chile, paprika, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add beer and chicken broth. Whisk until there are no lumps. Add cheese and whisk constantly until you have a smooth mixture. Add half & half and Worstershire. Reduce heat to low, until ready to serve, whisking occasionally.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.