Southwestern Chicken Salad is a healthy and scrumptious salad recipe that comes together in a snap! Juicy chicken sits on crisp greens with black beans, corn and a creamy spicy ranch dressing. This salad is perfect as a side, but also hearty enough to be a meal on its own!
Happy Monday everyone! Today is On the Lighter Side here at The Slow Roasted Italian.
Southwestern Chicken Salad
Today, we are featuring a Simple Southwestern Chicken Salad recipe. The first time I tried this, it was made by my friend Mary.
I have been on a bit of a flavor kick lately. I have really been enjoying Mexican, Greek and of course Italian flavors, so to incorporate that into a salad I opted for a Southwestern flavors. I simplified this salad recipe, as I was having a casual relaxing day. I also have out of the ordinary chicken salad sandwich.
I hope you enjoy!!! It is sooooo good!!!
This is a simple version, and I really like it with green peppers and cucumbers on it too.
Simple Southwestern Chicken Salad with Spicy Ranch
- 4 ounces grilled boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups romaine hearts, shredded
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 cup light ranch dressing, I like Kraft
- 2 tablespoons spicy barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes and beans. Toss to combine. Set corn salsa aside.
- On a large plate sprinkle romaine, the top with 1/4 of the corn salsa. Lay chicken on top, drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over top.
- Serve with tortilla strips.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published Oct 17, 2011
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.