Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts with maple syrup are sure to steal the show for the best holiday appetizers! Get the instant appeal of bacon, the savory greens of the Brussel sprouts, and a dash of maple syrup all in one easy finger food recipe.
If you’re searching for a new finger food appetizer to serve at your next party, then look no further than bacon wrapped Brussel sprouts.
Now, I can probably guess what you’re thinking:
Brussels sprouts? Really? The vegetable that so many of us weaved and dodged as a kid – you want us to serve it at a party? A party where everyone is trying to have fun?
Yes, that is the vegetable and I am 100% endorsing you to feed it to all your friends. And, better yet, I am certain that it will be the best finger food of the night!
We also have and Asian inspired sweet chili brussel sprouts recipe that is mind blowing!
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
Not only is this Brussel sprouts appetizer easy to whip up, but it will also blow your taste expectations out of the water.
- Depending on which Brussels sprouts you buy, you may need to cut the stems and remove the leaves.
If you’ve never done this before, check out this guide on How to Trim and Cut Brussels Sprouts.
- As you’re cutting the bacon, take a look at the fat. If needed, trim away excess to keep the width of the bacon to about one inch.
Essentials for Making this Brussel Sprouts Appetizer
- Chef’s knife
- Toothpicks for securing the bacon around the Brussels sprouts, and for easier eating during the party.
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Aluminum foil– for lining the baking sheet.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
This appetizer works the sweet and savory angle, and because of that, I recommend using a dipping sauce that does the same.
Try any (or many!) of the following and see which one is gone first.
- BBQ sauce – I recommend a sweet BBQ sauce to compliment the smoky bacon wrapped Brussel sprouts.
- Mustard – I recommend honey mustard)
- Any flavor of ranch dressing (classic, spicy, buttermilk, etc.)
- Maple syrup
- Balsamic reduction
- Sweet chili sauce
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Garlic aioli
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Holiday Appetizers
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts + Video
- 20 Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 10 slices maple bacon, each slice cut in half
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt, or more, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, or more, to taste
- dipping sauces of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, then set aside.
- On a flat work surface, lay out halved bacon slices. Using a pastry brush, generously brush each slice with maple syrup.
- Place a Brussels spout in the center a slice of bacon, then lift up the sides of the bacon to wrap it around the sprout. Use a toothpick to secure the two ends to the sprout. Transfer prepared bacon wrapped Brussels sprout to prepared baking sheet. Repeat this step until all sprouts have been wrapped
- Bake bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts for 30-40 minutes or until bacon is crisp and the sprouts are tender.
- Let bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts rest for 5 minutes, then transfer to a serving plate. Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published February 2018. Updated and republished February 2020.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.