Simple Lemon Pepper Baked Brown Rice is a healthy and delicious side dish. The lemon gives a tangy flavor and contrast to the pepper. Fabulous!
This is healthy and delicious side dish that I made to accompany the Rosemary Roasted Chicken. The lemon give a tangy flavor and contrast to the pepper. Fabulous!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Simple Lemon Pepper Baked Brown Rice
- 3/4 cups brown rice, I prefer Mahatma Brown Rice
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth, or water if you prefer
- juice of one medium lemon, approximately 1/4 cup and zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracker black pepper, plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the rice into an 8×6 -inch glass baking dish.
- Bring the chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a boil in a covered pot on the stove top.
- Once your water boils pour it over the rice, stir to combine and cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove cover. You will see the top speckled with your spices.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper for garnish . Serve immediately or allow to cool and refrigerate.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published July 2011
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.