Peppered Brown Rice
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peppered Brown Rice is seasoned to perfection, and bakes in your oven for a healthy side. This recipe is easy and versatile!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Baked Peppered Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, I prefer Mahatma Brown Rice
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper, course grind
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place the rice into an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Bring the water, butter, pepper and salt to a boil in a covered pot on the stove top.
- Once your water boils pour it over the rice, stir to combine and cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove cover. You will see the top speckled with your pepper. Fluff the rice with a fork. Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper for garnish . Serve immediately or allow to cool and refrigerate.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
I add tons of black pepper to everything so this definitely sounds like something I would love!
I make this as a side several times a week now! It’s so easy, delicious, and healthy. My kids love it too!