Pecan Pie Christmas Crack Toffee is a twist on traditional cracker toffee, made with a pecan pie topping over saltine crackers for a perfect sweet and salty treat! It is a super simple recipe for an impressive dessert!
Pecan Pie Christmas Crack Toffee
I don’t know about you, but as soon as the holiday season strikes, I am baking up a storm. Thanksgiving pies lead into Christmas candies and cookies. This pecan pie Christmas crack is a perfect combination of the two. Its a mash up of pecan pie and Christmas cracker toffee. I added pecans to the toffee to make it more like these amazing pecan pie bars. This is a must make Christmas candy this year!
Toffee lovers will also enjoy our saltine cracker candy, it is amazing!!!
Hi Friends, its Aimee from Like Mother Like Daughter here again for my monthly contributor post! I hope you love this cracker toffee as much as I do!
Because this toffee starts with saltine crackers, it makes it a perfectly sweet and salty treat. The crackers give the toffee the perfect crunch, and saltiness, that pairs perfectly with the sweet homemade toffee and drizzled chocolate. You can leave the chocolate off, if you prefer to have more of the traditional pecan pie flavor, but in my opinion chocolate makes everything better!
After you drizzle the chocolate on the top you can sprinkle the top with red, white, and green, or other Christmas sprinkles to make the candy extra festive.
I promise its a treat that will be loved by all! Perfect for sharing with your neighbors this holiday season, or enjoying at home, or taking to a Christmas party!
HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE PECAN PIE CHRISTMAS CRACKER TOFFEE:
- Have all your ingredients prepared beforehand. If you need to chop your pecans, do that first, have the chocolate chips ready in a bowl for when they are needed, and sprinkles ready for sprinkling.
- Instead of sprinkles you could also top your toffee with festive m&ms, or drizzle some red, and green candy melts on top!
- I recommend using a silicone liner, but if you don’t have one you can use parchment, or heavily greased foil. This keeps the treat from sticking to the pan and makes it easy to work with and easy clean up!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite simple dessert recipes: Click on the image or the bold recipe title and it will open each one in a new tab!!!
Crockpot Candy is the easiest and most impressive homemade candy ever. A rich chocolaty, peanutty 4-ingredient recipe that you simply toss in the slow cooker, stir a few times and scoop it out. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
No-Bake Avalanche Cookies are a simple make-at-home copycat recipe with just 5 ingredients. Imagine creamy peanut butter fudge speckled with Rice Krispies, fluffy marshmallows and chocolate chips. It’s the ultimate treat. A creamy, fudgy, crunchy, peanut buttery treat that has the right touch of chocolate and is perfectly sweet!
10- Minute Microwave Peanut Brittle recipe is a simple recipe that comes together with no fuss and looks like you spent all day working on it! It makes an excellent gift this season!
Pecan Pie Christmas Crack Toffee
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup your favorite chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a silicone mat or parchment paper on a baking half sheet pan. Place saltine crackers in rows covering most of the pan. Combine the brown sugar, and butter in a medium sized pot. Heat over medium low until the butter is melted. Raise the temperature to medium high and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Carefully pour sauce evenly over the top of the saltine crackers. Sprinkle pecans over the top.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring till smooth after each (mine took 1 minute). Drizzle melted chocolate over the toffee. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles if desired.
- Place pan in the fridge for 2 hours to set. Once set, break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for 1.5 -2 weeks.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.