Red White and Blue Ice Cream is super smooth, but with an Oreo crunch hidden inside. It’s a velvety vanilla masterpiece just waiting to be served for the perfect patriotic dessert recipe!
Need a patriotic dessert recipe that just screams summer fun? Do you love themes just as much as you love sweets? Or maybe you just need a 4th of July dessert to bring to a potluck? Whatever the question, this patriotic dessert is the answer!
This recipe takes just 15 minutes to prepare! It’ll freeze in 5 hours, but it really is the ultimate prep ahead recipe that you can let sit overnight, or even for a week, before serving.
No ice cream machine, no hassle — just a dreamy delicious dessert to enjoy with all of your loved ones this summer!
Red White and Blue Ice Cream
This no churn ice cream recipe just goes to show that you don’t need any expensive equipment or machines for a luscious, luxurious, creamy dessert!
You didn’t think that this was the only patriotic recipe that I have up my sleeve, did you? Not even close! I have not 1, not 2, but 4 perfect party cocktails that you can break out for your Memorial Day or July 4th bash.
Ingredients for 4th of July No Churn Ice Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Very sweet! And it helps to make the ice cream soft and scoop-able. Want to try something different and dairy free? Consider using coconut cream instead! And if you really can’t stand the sweetness, you can use evaporated milk as a substitute.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla is super important for adding depth to sweets. Something else to try: vanilla bean paste! It actually gives a stronger flavor, and has a complex sweetness.
- Heavy Cream – This is to make our own homemade whipped cream. Be sure to use very cold cream, or else it’ll take forever to whip and won’t keep its shape as well.
- Golden Oreos – The vanilla version of the chocolate cookie we all know and love! It’ll give a delicious crunchy texture to our dessert. Often there are Oreos with red frosting in the summertime that would be perfect for this, or you can use regular Oreos if you’d like!
- Red, White, & Blue Sprinkles – This patriotic dessert just wouldn’t be the same without a healthy dose of red white and blue sprinkles! I use ½ cup, but you can of course use more or less as you like.
Celebrate on Memorial Day and the 4th of July with these other patriotic recipes!
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Stand mixer or a large bowl and an electric hand mixer for making the whipped cream.
- Mixing Bowls – I like to have a variety of sizes on hand, and this set has them all.
- 9×5 Loaf Pan – My go-to container for sweet, frozen treats like this one! I recommend using a metal pan, not a glass one, because frozen glass tends to shatter as it warms up.
- A sturdy silicone spatula can be used for scraping, stirring, and smoothing and is easy to clean too!
Red White and Blue Ice Cream FAQ
What flavor is red white and blue ice cream?
The flavor of this no churn ice cream is very vanilla! Sprinkles don’t have much of a taste, so the only flavor you’re really going to get comes from the vanilla extract and golden Oreos.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do I need an ice cream maker to make golden Oreo ice cream?
Not at all! All you need for this incredibly indulgent delight is a mixer (hand or stand) and just a little bit of time.
How long does red white and blue ice cream last in the freezer?
It will ideally last for months in the freezer! However, this is only if stored properly. Be sure to keep your patriotic dessert in an airtight container, and don’t thaw and refreeze over and over again.
If you plan on eating it over a period of time, I recommend storing in multiple containers to take out only a portion at a time.
Prep Ahead Instructions
This homemade condensed milk ice cream can actually last for weeks and months in the freezer, so you can make it well ahead of time!
If frozen for a long time, then give it some time in the fridge to soften, so it is easier to scoop. 30 minutes should do the trick, but it may not take that long. Just try spooning some out, and serve when it softens enough.
As for the individual ingredients, homemade whipped cream is good for up to 4 days in the fridge. Just whip it back up with a mixer if it seems a bit deflated. Oreos can be crushed ahead of time as well!
How to Store Red White and Blue Ice Cream
Storing is the key to longevity here. A very airtight container is absolutely necessary!
If you want to store your patriotic ice cream in the loaf pan, then be very thorough in wrapping with plastic wrap before transferring to the freezer.
Keep leftovers for up to a month max. And if you let it melt, it’s game over — refreezing will just make an icy, semi-frozen, soupy mess.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Ice Cream Recipes
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Cake Batter Ice Cream (Cold Stone Copycat)
- No-Churn Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
- No-Churn Maple Bacon Ice Cream
Red White and Blue Ice Cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 Golden Oreos, crushed
- ½ cup red white and blue sprinkles
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and vanilla extract; Set aside.
- In a second large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the heavy cream on medium-high speed until you get firm peaks.
- Into the condensed milk mixture, gently fold in 1 cup of the whipped cream until combined. Fold this mixture into the remaining whipped cream until combined.
- Add crushed cookies and sprinkles and gently mix to combine. Pour the mixture into a 9 x-5 x-3-inch metal loaf pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 5 hours before serving. Enjoy!
You can use vanilla extract or for more flavor, use vanilla bean paste.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us – It allows us to keep creating new recipes.