Our BBQ bacon cheeseburger has a smoky flavor from peppercorn bacon. This is the best bacon cheeseburger recipe, and you’ll love these gourmet burgers!!
Is it possible for perfection to arise out of the serious need for simplicity? We think it is. When there is no time for an inferior burger, only the best will do. Pull out your favorite flavors from your spice arsenal and get to work.
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
When time and flavor are crucial, that’s when you call the big dogs in, the power houses; Worcestershire sauce and hickory smoke! Well, if you don’t have a smoker this liquid smoke will get you there, oh will it get you there. 4 peppercorn blend creates another layer of incredible flavor in this scrumptious piece of art!
Isn’t this BBQ bacon cheeseburger the sexiest burger you have ever seen? Fast and flavorful, what else could you ask for? You will have this burger on the grill before the condiments hit the table! 3 easy steps; prep, grill and eat!
To complete a fast and flavorful meal enjoy the Ole Smoky Burger with the Grilled Barbecue Potato Chips!
TSRI Tip: To easily crush peppercorns: Place peppercorns in a resealable sandwich
bag. Place a cutting board on counter and place the bag on the cutting
board. Using the flat side of a mallet or the bottom of a frying pan
smash peppercorn until they are no longer whole.
Originally published July 2012.
Ole Smoky – Hickory Peppercorn Bacon Cheese Burger
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hickory liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon 4 peppercorn blend, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 8 slices red onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large mixing bowl combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, salt and peppercorn. Mix to combine and form into 4 patties slightly larger than your bun. Make a slight indentation in the center of the burger to prevent it from doming up in the center. The indentation will rise as your burger cooks. Lightly brush burger with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill until golden brown and slightly charred (about 3 minutes), turning once (cook for 3 minutes on the other side for medium). Try not to press down on your burger with a spatula. It will cause the juices to escape and will create a dry burger!
- Toast hamburger bus by placing on grill until grill marks form. Do not walk away during this process. Toast can turn to ash in the blink of an eye.
- Serve burger on toasted bun with a slice of mild cheddar cheese, 1 slice of bacon cut in half, and red onion.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.