Grilled Barbecue Potato Chips are crisp on the outside and tender inside with a smoky barbecue flavor and a little kick of heat.
Summer creates a flurry of activities, commitments and fun obligations. Play dates, barbecues, picnics, and vacations. There never seems to be enough time to fit everything in. Food that is scrumptious and fast becomes number one in our house during the summer. Not to mention, have you ever grilled when it is 115° outside? Quick is king!
Sometimes you want grilled fries and you just don’t have the time to parboil them. Enter the fabulous Grilled Barbecue Potato “Chips” Slices. Perfect for the summer grilling get together! No parboiling, no baking. Just, slice, season and grill! How easy is that?
These look like potato chips and taste like grilled fries. Crisp on the outside and tender inside. The seasoning gives them a smoky barbecue flavor with just a little kick of heat. You can adjust the recipe to add more heat, just increase the cayenne or chile de arbol.
TSRI Tip: Buy a coffee grinder at a thrift store and use it to grind your own spices. I have fallen in love with Chile de Arbol. It gives food a more complex flavors adding a very nutty/smokey layer to your dishes. It also add a real warmth that I truly love. It is not so easy to find as a ground spice. Head to the international aisle in your grocery store and pick up a bag of dried chile de arbols. Grind them in your coffee grinder and keep them in an airtight container.
If you get a chance, stop by Fresina’s and check out their store.
There products are truly amazing. Pasta is unlike any I have ever had!
And red sauce that is perfect straight from the jar. You will love it
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Grilled Barbecue Potato “Chips” Slices
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, cut to 1/4″ thick on the bias
- 2 teaspoons chile de arbol or cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, filled with ice water place potato slice. Allow to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl combine chile de arbol, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir until mixed well.
- Drain potatoes. Place potatoes back into bowl and pour olive oil into pot and toss with seasoning mixture until all potatoes are coated. Use your hands to ensure a good coating on all sides of potatoes. Wash hands thoroughly when finished!
- In a single layer, place potato slices on the grill. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until you see golden brown grill marks. Flip and cook the other side.
- Enjoy! Serve with your favorite fry dipping sauce.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.