Grilled London Broil
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilled London Broil is a simply scrumptious and easy dinner to make on your grill. With a simple seasoning and a few minutes of cook time, this is the perfect summer steak recipe!
Grilled London Broil
While I was planning for Saturday’s Date Nights and Dinner Parties here at The Slow Roasted Italian I decided to have London Broil. A very nice lean cut of beef, when prepared properly it can be very impressive and delicious!
This same day I was on The Cafe Sucre Farine’s blog and ran across a post I had read a while back. All about grilling London broil after “marinating” it in salt and a tight wrap. It is amazing, the concept of the salt drawing out the juice and the tight plastic wrap forcing the juice back in.
Well, I was a little apprehensive after I read that the perfect London Broil is cooked to medium rare. Anything more is over cooked. I do have a tendency to try and massacre all my meat. Consciously I don’t want to. But something happens when self doubt creeps in during the cooking process. I would end up with a very ‘brown’ piece of meat. Kind of like eating shoe leather.
Well I have to tell you that this time was different. I followed the recipe to a T and the Grilled London Broil was so amazing. It was a perfect shade of grilled on the outside with delicious caramelized grill marks on the outside. It was so lush and juicy. A bit more cooked than medium rare, but unbelievable!
This grilled London Broil recipe is so versatile, it can be served with a myriad of sides. I chose potatoes and a vegetable. Enjoy!
Recipe by The Cafe Sucre Farine’
Grilled London Broil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds bottom round steak, 2 to 2 1/2 pounds and 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle both sides of steak evenly with salt; wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove steak from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling.
- About 20 minutes before grilling, ignite grill, turn all burners to high, close cover, and heat until very hot, about 15 minutes. Scrape cooking grate clean with grill brush.
- Unwrap steak. Brush both sides of steak with oil and sprinkle liberally with pepper.
- Place steak on hottest part of grill. Grill, flipping steak every 4 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meat registers 120 degrees for rare to medium-rare, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest, tented with foil, about 10 minutes. Holding thin slicing knife at 45-degree angle to meat, slice very thinly and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published Oct 15, 2011
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
I have never made London Broil! In all my years of cooking this is one cut of meat that has intimidated me! But you make it sound so easy, I just might have to give it a try!
This looks delicious..Should try it some day…Thanks for the recipe dear.
Check out my Giveaway and join in that..
I'm so hungry right now. (:
This meat looks so tender.I would probably eat it with rocket salad;)
deliciously done looks wonderful
This looks fantastic!
Very nice job! Look at you on the grill, girlie. Way to go. That meat is gorgeous.
I've never grilled a London Broil before. I think I'll try that next time they are on sale. Thanks for the idea!
Wow, that is a yummy and juicy steak. Thanks for the recipe.
Hello, I check your blog frequently – I love it! but I must have missed this post! So glad you enjoyed this! It's such an easy way to do the London Broil with fabulous results! Thanks for the link!
Looks delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.
Made this for dinner tonight…INSANELY delish! So simple and yet produces amazing flavor! THANK YOU for sharing this gem!
This is a super flavorful steak recipe! It’s amazing.