Golden Oreo mug cake is the funfetti dessert of your dreams. Create sweet, sugary bites of heaven with just 5 ingredients and a few minutes!
Enjoy this individual-sized dessert without ever turning on your oven! Fluffy vanilla cake is dotted with sprinkles for a colorful surprise.
I also have a Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough Dip that is just as easy to whip up! Not only is it eggless, but you can make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for an easy treat.
How To Make A Golden Oreo Mug Cake
You can have a delicious funfetti creation in just a few easy steps! Every microwave is a bit different, so keep an eye on the texture and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Blend the cookies in a food processor.
- Combine with the other ingredients in your cup.
- Microwave on High for about 1 minute.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Use regular, NOT double stuff. Otherwise, the ratio of crumbs to filling will be off and your Golden Oreo mug cake won’t rise properly.
- Time-saving tip: Pulverize an entire package of cookies at once instead of pulling out your food processor every single time. Store the crumbs in a sealed jar in the pantry and measure out about ⅓ cup per serving.
- Avoid color bleeding. Sometimes sprinkles will start to dissolve when they touch liquid. Combine them with a little bit of flour in a small bowl before mixing them into the batter.
- Don’t have a food processor? Place the cookies in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin or your fingers instead.
- Add a topping. Dust with powdered sugar or add a dollop of whipped cream. You could even spread a little vanilla frosting over the top, either homemade or your favorite store bought variety.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
What size cup is best for Golden Oreo mug cake?
Although any standard size should work, aim for one that is 10-12 ounces. Not only will it be easier to mix the batter, but there will be plenty of room for toppings as well.
Can I make this Oreo mug cake recipe allergy-friendly?
Sure! To avoid dairy, simply replace the milk with a plant-based alternative. Soy or oat milk will work best because of their neutral flavor, but feel free to experiment with your favorite.
Gluten-free vanilla sandwich cookies are a bit harder to find but work as an equal substitute. Also, check your sprinkles to ensure they are safe, especially if you are serving this to someone with severe allergies.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Golden Oreo Mug Cake
- 4 golden oreos, NOT double stuff
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon rainbow sprinkles
- Add oreos to a food process and blend until fine crumbs form.
- Add the oreo crumbs to a 6+ ounce mug or ramekin and mix in the sugar and baking powder with a fork.
- Add milk and mix again then stir in the sprinkles.
- Cook for 1 minute and 10 seconds.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.