Airfryer salmon is ready in 10 minutes and comes out perfectly tender and juicy. Make this honey mustard glazed salmon for dinner tonight!
Recipes like Airfryer Salmon With Honey Mustard
When it’s this easy to air fry salmon, you’ll want to add seafood to your weekly rotation! Simply change up the seasoning and sauce to add more variety.
For a healthier alternative, try Air Fried Cauliflower as an easy snack or side dish. It’s crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, and can be flavored however you’d like.
How To Make Airfryer Salmon
This recipe couldn’t be any simpler! Just season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper, then spread some homemade honey mustard sauce on top.
If you’ll be using dried dill instead of fresh, reduce the amount by half.
Cook until it appears opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the top or serve it as a dip.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Prevent sticking. It’s a good idea to spray the air fryer basket with oil first. Not only will it make removal easier, but the fillets won’t break apart.
- Don’t overcrowd. How many pieces you can fit in the basket will depend on your brand and model. Leave some space in between each piece and work in batches if needed.
- Want tender, flaky fish? Don’t overcook! This fish is done as soon as it is no longer translucent. You may need to add another minute or two if the fillets are extra thick.
- Adjust the amount. Easily halve or double the recipe depending on how much you need. Cook larger amounts in batches and keep warm in a low-temp oven until you’re ready to serve.
Honey mustard glazed salmon tastes great with green vegetables like spinach, green beans, or tender Brussels sprouts. Even something as simple as a side salad would do.
You can also add a helping of rice pilaf or roasted potatoes to make it a well-rounded meal.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
What temperature should salmon be cooked to?
Your thermometer should read 145°F when inserted into the thickest part of the fillet.
Can I air fry frozen salmon?
For best results, allow the fillets to thaw completely in the refrigerator first. This will guarantee the best texture as well as an even cook.
While it is technically safe to cook fish when frozen, you will need to heat the air fryer to 400°F and increase the time by several minutes to make sure it is cooked through.
Does salmon need to rest before serving?
While it’s not required, it certainly doesn’t hurt! Be sure to remove the fish when it is slightly underdone since the center will continue to cook as it rests.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Airfryer Salmon w/ Honey Mustard Glaze
- 4 pieces salmon, around 1lbs total
- 6 teaspoons mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, note 1
- If your salmon is frozen let thaw completely and pat dry
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, honey, oil and dill
- Spread half of the honey-mustard sauce on the salmon
- Put the salmon into the basket of your airfryer and fry on 350° for 8 minutes (note 2)
- Use the second half of the sauce for serving
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published February 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.