Perfectly crisp french fries topped with your favorite taco fixin’s. Fully Loaded Cheesy Taco Fries are piled high with fabulously flavorful seasoned beef, ooey gooey cheese and a lettuce and tomatoes. It doesn’t get more kid friendly that that! Ready in just 35 minutes this simple recipe is sure to be a repeat on your menu planner.
Some days are busier than others and most days I can barely spare 30 minutes for dinner. Not to mention I think I have the pickiest family ever.
I have a list of family approved go-to flavors. You know burgers, pizza, tacos and a few others that are always a winner.
I love taking our old favorites and putting a little spin on them to create a whole new dish with a little imagination (and help from the freezer section).
I got hooked on Alexia Foods a few years ago. I was searching the freezer section for a little help with dinner and I was drawn to them because they are all natural and I am trying to make smarter food choices for my family. I first tried their sweet potato fries, I have quite the sweet potato thing.
Hot to Make Fully Loaded Cheesy Taco Fries
Fries are a fabulous side and I love incorporating them into dinner. Last week I was meal planning with Munchkin and she was all excited. We came to a night that we just couldn’t think of anything, so I pulled out my trusty go-to flavors and decided to put a spin on it.
Cheesy tacos. I couldn’t think of anything more delicious that Fully Loaded Cheesy Taco Fries. Served on a bed of perfectly crisp french fries. I was so right. What a perfect dinner.
Get more delicious recipe ideas from Alexia.
Helpful Tips to make Fully Loaded Cheesy Taco Fries:
- Perfectly cooked fries are the key to this dish being amazing!
What you will need to make Fully Loaded Cheesy Taco Fries:
- A large skillet with a lid – To help the pasta cook evenly, a wide skillet works best, ideally one that’s more than 12 inches in diameter.
- Jelly Roll Pans (baking sheets with sides) – used for everything from cookies to roasting, a good baking pan will last for years.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite quick dinner recipes:
Fully Loaded Cheesy Taco Fries
- 15 ounce bag Alexia Foods Organic Yukon Select Fries
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon New Mexico chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- sour cream
- Preheat oven 425°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and pour fries in an even layer. Once oven it preheated place baking sheet in oven and bake 26-28 minutes until desired color and crispness are reached, stirring 1/2 way between bake time.
- In a large (10 inch) skillet over medium-high heat cook ground beef, until cooked through. Break beef up with a spatula as it cooks. Add all seasonings and 1/2 cup water. Stir and cover with lid. Cook 10 minutes, remove cover and continue to cook until water evaporates. Reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
- While beef is cooking, prep toppings: Shred lettuce, dice tomatoes and shred cheese. Set aside.
- Once fries are baked, place on a serving tray and sprinkle seasoned beef over top. Sprinkle cheese over beef and top with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published 4/8/15
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.