Make French Bread Pizza in Air Fryer to enjoy a family favorite without having to roll out any dough! Grab your favorite toppings and let everyone build their own. Then, air fry French bread pizza in minutes!
French Bread Pizza in Air Fryer
With a loaf from the bakery and a handful of toppings, you’ll have everything you need to create a meal for the whole family.
Plus, air fryer French bread pizza cooks in under 10 minutes and comes out with a perfectly crispy crust!
For an even easier air fryer pizza recipe try frozen pizza rolls — they’re ready in no time.
Looking for more easy meals to make in your air fryer? You’ll love these pigs in a blanket made with plump, juicy sausages and refrigerated crescent dough.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Bread – I went to a local bakery to get a high-quality French loaf for this air fryer pizza recipe.
But, you could easily use whatever is available from the bakery section of your grocery store.
- Pizza Sauce – Grab a jar of your favorite or use my 5-minute marinara if you’d like.
In fact, you can any red pasta sauce, alfredo, or even pesto for French bread pizza in air fryer!
- Cheese – While I’m all about convenience, freshly grated mozzarella really does melt down better — and it usually tastes better too!
- Spices – Italian seasoning and garlic powder make everything taste better, especially air fryer French bread pizza.
You can mix them into the sauce or swap them with your choice of dried oregano or parsley.
How To Air Fry French Bread Pizza
Since these come together quickly, I recommend having everything prepped and ready to assemble before getting started.
- Divide the French bread. Slice the loaf in half, then in thirds, to create six even pieces.
- Toast plain first! Air fry the bread in batches for a few minutes. Don’t skip this step — it’s the key to perfectly crispy French bread pizza in the air fryer.
- Assemble. Spread on a thin layer of sauce, then the cheese, seasoning, and toppings. Another sprinkle of cheese over the toppings can help hold them in place.
- Cook. Air fry French bread pizza in batches until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
Homemade French Bread Pizza Toppings
The sky’s the limit for what you can throw on top of air fryer French bread pizza.
In fact, you could have a make-your-own-pizza party so guests could come up with their own creations!
Keep in mind that loading up the loaves may require an extra minute or two of cooking time — so watch each batch of French bread pizza in air fryer to be sure it’s cooked to perfection.
- Meats: cooked sausage, cubed ham, shredded chicken, bacon crumbles, salami
- Veggies: mushrooms, olives, bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes
- Extras: grated Parmesan, fresh basil or spinach, hot sauce
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza FAQ
Yes, you can swap out the French loaf for another sturdy variety. I’ve made this air fryer pizza recipe with sourdough and an Italian loaf and both turned out well.
Avoid anything softer or you will just end up with a soggy pizza.
Be sure you are not loading up the crust with too much sauce. A thin layer goes a lot farther than you think.
It also helps to precook the loaf halves by themselves first — a crispy layer acts as a sort of barrier for the sauce. Skipping this step will guarantee a soggy middle.
Absolutely! Preheat the oven to the same temperature, but increase the cooking time by a few minutes.
Place your homemade French bread pizza on a baking sheet lined with foil, then remove when the cheese is golden brown and melted completely.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Pizza Recipes
French Bread Pizza in Air Fryer
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Slice your bread in half lengthwise, and then cut those in thirds.
- Place two pieces of bread in the basket of your air fryer. Set the air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes. Once cooked, switch the bread with the two uncooked pieces and cook those for 2 minutes.
- Spread the sauce over the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning over the sauce.
- Place the pepperoni over the cheese.
- Place two of the pizzas into the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes. Swap out the pizzas for the uncooked ones and cook those for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2021, updated and republished August 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.