Air Fryer French bread pizza lets you enjoy a family favorite without having to roll out any dough. Throw some together for an easy weeknight dinner.
With a loaf from the bakery and a handful of toppings, you’ll have everything you need to create a meal for the whole family.
Plus, air fryer pizza cooks in under 10 minutes and comes out with a perfectly crispy crust! Or for an even easier air fryer pizza try our pizza rolls, ready in no time.
Looking for more easy meals to make in your air fryer? You’ll love these pigs in a blanket made with plump, juicy sausages and refrigerated crescent dough.
How To Make French Bread Pizza
Since these come together quickly, I recommend having everything prepped and ready to assemble before getting started.
I also went to a local bakery to get a high quality French loaf, but you could easily use whatever is available from the bakery section of your grocery store.
- Slice the loaf in half, then in thirds, to create six even pieces.
- Toast in batches for a few minutes.
- Add a thin layer of sauce, plus the seasoning and toppings.
- Cook again in batches until golden brown.
Additional Topping Suggestions
The sky’s the limit on what you can throw on top of French bread pizza. In fact, you could have a make-your-own-pizza party so guests could come up with their own creations!
Keep in mind that loading up the loaves may require an extra minute or two of cooking time, so watch each batch to be sure it’s cooked to perfection.
- Meats: cooked sausage, cubed ham, shredded chicken, bacon crumbles, salami
- Veggies: mushrooms, olives, bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes
- Extras: grated Parmesan, fresh basil or spinach, hot sauce
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I make air fryer pizza with another type of bread?
Yes, you can swap out the French loaf for another sturdy variety. I’ve made this recipe with sourdough and an Italian loaf and both turned out well.
Avoid anything softer or you will just end up with a soggy pizza.
How do you make French bread pizzas without a soggy crust?
Be sure you are not loading up the crust with too much sauce. A thin layer goes a lot farther than you think.
It also helps to precook the loaf halves by themselves first. Skipping this step will guarantee a soggy middle.
I don’t have an air fryer. Can I use the oven instead?
Absolutely! Preheat the oven to the same temperature, but increase the cooking time by a few minutes.
Place the French bread pizzas on a baking sheet lined with foil and remove them when the cheese is golden brown and melted completely.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Slice your bread in half lengthwise, and then cut those in thirds.
- Place two pieces of bread in the basket of your air fryer. Set the air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes. Once cooked, switch the bread with the two uncooked pieces and cook those for 2 minutes.
- Spread the sauce over the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning over the sauce.
- Place the pepperoni over the cheese.
- Place two of the pizzas into the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes. Swap out the pizzas for the uncooked ones and cook those for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.