This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, I say its time to FIESTA!!! Tired of tortilla wraps? Looking for a different way to enjoy your fajitas? How about over a bed of Spicy Baked Brown Rice? If this Deconstructed Fajita doesn’t satisfy you, this Cinco de Mayo round up of our top picks for every Cinco de Mayo party certainly will!
Stay tuned for a fabulous Ladies Night cocktail tomorrow and a drink round up perfect for your Cinco de Mayo party!!!
Don’t forget our 1,000 Facebook Fan celebration starting this Friday! We are having a fabulous giveaway and I am so psyched to tell you there will be something for everything. Something special for our blogger family and a special addition that EVERYONE will love!!! I am busting to tell you…. Like us on Facebook to get more clues and keep up with our day to day events, photos and meals.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon New Mexico chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- propellant free olive oil spray
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 recipe Spicy Brown Baked Rice
- In a small bowl combine spices. Set aside. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Lay chicken breasts on a sheet pan and spritz well with olive oil. Sprinkle with spice mixture and rub in. After spice mixture is well rubbed into chicken. Allow chicken to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill. Prepare veggies by cutting them into strip about 1/4″ thick. All veggies should be about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. (I skipped to the next step while the pan was heating, placed chicken on the grill and came back to cook vegetables). Drizzle about 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil in pan. Add veggies, a pinch of salt and pepper (to taste) and stir occasionally until onions become translucent. This will take about 5-10 minutes (depending on how cooked you like your veggies). Be careful that you do not over cook or under cook the vegetables.
- Next, place chicken breast on grill. I used a tabletop grill and left it on the first side about 6-8 minutes and then flipped it and left it on the other side 6-8 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165°.
- Remove chicken and set on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Slice chicken thin and serve over brown rice and cooked vegetables.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Gorgeous photo, Chad! I love chicken fajitas and this combination on rice sounds great.
It is amazing, I think your boys would love it.
Great recipe, I have to try it. I noticed your indoor/outdoor grill. Can you recommend one?
I noticed you used an indoor/outdoor grill for your chicken. Can you recommend a grill?
These fajitas were awesome! Definitely a bit healthier without the tortillas too! Very tasty! Saving this!