Chocolate Lasagna recipe makes a scrumptious creamy pudding dessert with layers of rich chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and an Oreo cookie crust. This no bake dessert lasagna is a snap to make and is perfect for a chocolate lover!
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Despite the name, this lasagna recipe doesn’t contain any pasta! Instead, it features layer upon layer of rich cream cheese filling, silky pudding, and homemade whipped cream.
Add some chocolate curls for a fancy touch, and you’ll have a stunning dish to impress all of your guests with!
Or, make some Vanilla Rice Pudding for an even easier treat. All you need are a handful of ingredients to make a rich and silky dessert in just 30 minutes.
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Lasagna
It’s really quite simple to make this dessert, but you’ll need plenty of time to assemble it.
This dish is all about the layers, and they’ll mix together if each one isn’t properly set before adding the next.
- Make the crust. Combine crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter, then press into the bottom of a greased baking dish and chill.
- Whip up the fillings. There are three separate mixtures to make, so plan accordingly! The pudding layer will soft set right on the counter, so there is no need to refrigerate it before adding it to the pan.
- Layer and chill. Once the dessert is assembled, place it back in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours to set.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Take your time. It’s important to chill the pudding dessert in between each layer so it will be easier to spread the next layer on top.
- No food processor? No problem! Simply place the cookies in a sealed plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin instead.
- Use cold milk and cream. While the cream cheese should be softened, the liquids need to be used straight out of the refrigerator. They will whip up faster and also help the pudding mix to set properly.
- Need it ready sooner? Place the finished dish in the freezer instead to speed up the chilling process. Just be sure to thaw it first before cutting into slices.
- Make individual servings. Instead of one big pan, use mini trifle dishes or stemless cocktail glasses. Not only will it make serving less messy, but they should assemble faster as well.
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe FAQ
How do I make chocolate curls?
The easiest method is by shaving a bar of chocolate with a vegetable peeler. You’ll need to apply a little extra pressure to get the curls thick enough that they won’t disintegrate.
Or, melt the chocolate down and spread it in a thin layer onto a baking sheet. Pop it in the freezer for a few minutes until firm, then scrape it up with an offset spatula.
Can I use Cool Whip instead of homemade whipped cream?
Yes, but it may take longer to set. That’s because the whipped cream in this chocolate dessert recipe contains pudding mix, so it’s a bit more stable.
How far in advance can I make chocolate lasagna?
If you’ll be leaving it in the refrigerator, make it no more than 24 hours ahead of time or the crust is likely to become soggy.
Otherwise, it should be okay in the freezer for at least a week. Just be sure to wrap it well in a few layers of foil first.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Scrumptious No Bake Chocolate Desserts
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe + Video
- 9 x 13 baking dish This set is one of my favorites! The 9×13 is perfect for casseroles and the smaller size is awesome for making half a casserole recipe.
- mixing bowls You’ll want a few large bowls when you make this chocolate lasagna recipe. Otherwise, plan to do some quick washing in between layers.
- 14.3 ounce package Oreo’s
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 7.8 ounces chocolate instant pudding, 2 3.9-ounce packages
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons french vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional whipped cream
- Mini oreos
- Chocolate shavings
- Spray a 9×13” pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, crush oreos into fine crumbs. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can place them in a sealed bag and crush with a rolling pin) Reserve ¼ cup of the crushed oreos.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed oreos and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13” pan. Refrigerate.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese. Add in sugar and milk and beat to combine. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, french vanilla pudding mix, and vanilla extract. With an electric mixer, use the whisk attachment to combine. Begin on low speed until the cream expands, and then increase to medium high. Continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
- Take 1/2 of the whipped cream mixture and fold it into the cream cheese mixture, until combined. Spread over the crushed oreo layer and place back in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 3 cups of milk and 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding. Allow to soft set (about 5 minutes). Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the chocolate pudding layer. Top with remaining ¼ cup crushed Oreos and chocolate shavings. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Slice into 12 servings and pipe whipped cream on each piece. Top each piece with a mini oreo.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published February 2021. Updated and republished July 2022.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.