I never really embraced casseroles until I moved out on my own. Once I became a busy mom, simple has become a way of life that carries from the kitchen to travel and back again. Casseroles truly embody a simple dinner. Especially on the weeknights after a long day of working, schooling, play dates and taking care of the family a simple dinner is perfect.
This Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole starts with a homemade creamy chicken soup. It is prepped in just 15 minutes and is sure to be on your monthly meal plan again and again.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Casserole Recipes
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole in 30-Minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon chicken base, low sodium (or chicken bouillon)
- 3 ounces fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces pre-cooked chicken, diced
- 16 ounce package broccoli florets, thawed
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large size saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Once butter is melted add flour. Whisk to combine (it will be very dry, but try to get the flour as wet as possible). Add seasonings. Add milk, whisking as you pour. Whisk until completely combined. Add chicken broth and chicken base, whisk to combine and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile; butter an 8”x8” baking dish. Pour broccoli in bottom of dish. Set aside.
- Once soup is boiling add cheese and chicken. Stir to combine. After cheese is melted pour soup mixture over broccoli in casserole dish.
- Place baking dish on a cookie sheet. Top with shredded cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.