Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira is rich and delicious, and with our copycat recipe, you can make it just like the Cheesecake Factory does!! Indulge with this simple yet decadent dish!
Juicy chicken, a decadent mushroom sauce, gooey mozzarella, and fresh asparagus work in perfect harmony for the ultimate comfort meal.
Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira
This warm and soul-soothing meal is almost too easy to make at home! It uses hearty and flavorful ingredients that leave me satisfied every time. I’m obsessed!
This Cajun Jambalaya Pasta is another Cheesecake Factory™ copycat that is significantly less expensive than the original.
Customize with your favorite protein and pasta in this delicious entrée! We also have a Creamy Chicken Marsala that is amazing!
Another delicious one pan meal is this savory Italian Sausage, Pepper, and Potato Skillet dish. Only 30 minutes to prepare, and even less time to clean up.
Chicken Madeira Recipe Tips
- Use a tenderizer for the perfect thickness. To get the ideal thickness for your poultry, slice the breasts in half and place them between two pieces of plastic wrap.
Pound to ¼ thick with a meat tenderizer.
- Spread the sauce. Be sure to spoon your reduction over the madeira chicken when serving for flavor in every bite!
- Don’t want to cook with wine? Simply replace it with additional stock. You could also add a few dashes of balsamic vinegar for a similar tang.
- Prep ahead. The mushrooms and sauce can be prepped ahead of time!
You’ll save a good bit of time if you do this, leaving you with only the meat and asparagus to cook the day of. Reheat in the skillet on low heat for the best result.
- Make it creamy. Mixing in a splash of half and half or heavy cream, will make this chicken madeira Cheesecake Factory copycat a bit richer.
For a perfect mimic of the original Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira, serve yours over mashed potatoes.
Some other great side dish choices include this moist and flavorful chicken flavored rice or our favorite crispy garlic roasted broccoli.
Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira FAQ
You can substitute with another fortified wine. Marsala is your best alternative, but you could also go with Sherry.
Leftover Cheesecake Factory chicken madeira will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container.
Cover Chicken Madeira Cheesecake Factory leftovers in a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of beef stock to keep it moist and juicy. Warm over low heat until hot all the way through.
The difference lies in the broth and the wine used. In this chicken madeira recipe, you use beef broth and Madeira wine.
The marsala version of the dish is usually made with chicken stock and with Marsala wine. These wines can usually be switched out pretty easily in recipes.
Just pay attention to whether you should be using a sweet or dry wine! In this Chicken Madeira recipe, for example, you want to use a sweet wine.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Restaurant Recipes
Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira +Video
- 1 pound chicken breasts, halved and pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Madeira wine
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of butter. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place them in the hot pan. Don’t overcrowd the pan, you may need to cook in batches. Cook chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan along with the sliced mushrooms. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender and cooked through, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside with chicken.
- Add the Madeira wine and beef broth to the same pan, turning up the heat and bringing the mixture to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, and then reduce to a simmer. Keep cooking until the mixture is reduced by half and the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Approximately 10 minutes.
- While the sauce cooks steam your asparagus until it is crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the sauce. Top with the steamed asparagus and sliced mozzarella cheese. Place a lid on the pan and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2020, updated and republished January 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Can you use any white wine?
I’ve made this 3 times and love it but my sauce (beef stock& Madeira wine) doesn’t thicken even after simmering for 20 min. Am I missing something?
I found a different recipe that called for heavy cream to thicken the sauce.
I haven't made this yet, but maybe just a little cornstarch would help thicken the sauce up.
What is your personal favorite Madeira wine to use in this dish?
I have made this several times now, and it is such a great dinner to impress your family with. Delicious, and a great copy of the cheesecake factory dish.
Easy and delicious! Used shredded mozzarella – perfect!
I made this recipe last night! I loved it! The instructions were plain and clear. I did use 1 cup of wine, not 2, and I didn’t have the Madeira wine, but used a red wine we had on hand. I didn’t want mashed potatoes, so I made brown rice. I also used shredded Mozzarella cheese we hand on hand. I may have over cooked the asparagus a little. Becareful not to do that!!!