Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Chili Sauce starts by caramelizing the sprouts to give them amazing flavor and texture. Then they are cooked in the most amazing Sweet Chili Sauce which gives them some sweet heat. Absolutely irresistible!
I think most kids dislike Brussels sprouts. I certain did. The way they were prepared when I was a kid left them mushy and tasteless. No bueno!
I have been on a mission for the last 3 years to try to prepare everything that I dislike in a way that I will love it. Brussels sprouts and seafood were at the top of that list. A chef in New Orleans once told me, if you don’t like seafood you have never had it prepared properly. I totally agree. So, I am working hard to crush those dislikes.
About 2 years ago I conquered Brussels sprouts. I ate these Best Ever Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts by the truckload. Which is funny because when we were doing the photo shoot for these Pan Fried Brussels I told Chad he needed a serving spoon for the shot. He said, no I need a fork.
We went back and forth about this recipe being enough for at least 4 people. He laughed. He said. “Not for you, that IS dinner for you“. Needless to say he took the fork. LOL. What can I say, when I find a veggie I like, I really like it!
Pan Fried Brussels with Sweet Chili Sauce start by caramelizing the sprouts in a cast iron skillet. If you don’t have cast iron, use whatever you have. Pan frying gives them an amazing caramelized flavor and texture they are topped with Sweet Chili Sauce which gives them some sweet heat. Absolutely irresistible!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Tasty Vegetable Recipes
Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Star Fine Foods Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a 10″ cast iron skillet over medium-high heat warm olive oil. Hold your hand 6″ above the pan, once you can feel the heat it is ready. Add Brussels to the pan, cut side down. Once the pan is filled, add remaining Brussels into pan on top of the cut side down ones. Cook until Brussels begin to caramelize, about 2-3 minutes. Once browned, stir.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sesame oil, honey, chili paste, minced garlic and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Pour sauce over the Brussels, stir to combine well and reduce to low heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published October 2015
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.