Frozen Hashbrowns in Air Fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Frozen Hashbrowns in the Air Fryer are fried to a beautiful golden brown perfection and ready in a flash! These delicious frozen hash browns are coated lightly with olive oil and seasoned simply with salt and pepper. Add these crispy shredded potatoes to your breakfast plate for a hearty meal.
Frozen Hashbrowns in Air Fryer
Potatoes are a staple food in the breakfast world. Whether you’re cooking up home fries or hash browns, potatoes are the perfect addition to your plate — they’re not only versatile and delicious, but also so filling!
This air fryer breakfast recipe requires just a few basic ingredients and are so easy to make.
You’ll only need 3 minutes of prep time, and these tasty frozen hashbrowns in the air fryer will be ready to serve in under half an hour.
For more breakfast potato ideas, try my Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, Cheesy Bacon Hashbrown Waffles, or my copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole.
Air Fryer Hash Browns Ingredient Notes
- Frozen Shredded Hash Browns – You can certainly use fresh shredded potatoes if desired, but keep in mind you’ll need to adjust the cooking time since they are softer than frozen potatoes.
- Olive Oil – A little oil goes a long way! Coating your potatoes in oil allows the seasoning to stick to the potatoes.
- Salt & Pepper – Simple seasonings add just the right amount of flavor to these potatoes.
Feel free to add more salt or pepper to taste, or get creative with other spices!
Tips and Tricks for Frozen Hash Browns
- Cook a Single Layer – A single layer guarantees that your potatoes cook evenly.
Make sure to not overcrowd the air fryer basket, or else your potatoes won’t cook properly.
For best results, make separate batches of frozen hashbrowns in the air fryer if you want to make more.
- Flip Halfway – After 10 minutes of cooking, you’ll want to flip your frozen hash browns and cook for another 10 minutes.
This ensures that the potatoes cook evenly and helps them get nice and crispy.
- Flip in Sections – Use a wide spatula to divide the hashbrowns into four sections, and flip them one at a time. Sectioning them off makes them easier to flip.
Storing and Reheating Leftover Hash Browns
Hashbrown potatoes will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days if stored in an airtight container. Allow them to cool fully before placing them in the refrigerator.
To reheat frozen hashbrowns in the air fryer, preheat the fryer to 390°F and cook for a few minutes until potatoes regain their crispy texture.
Frozen hashbrowns in air fryer can be served on their own, but you can also pair them with some delicious sides to make a more complete breakfast!
Enjoy these air fried potatoes with a side of bacon or these tasty Bacon Egg and Cheese Bombs.
Toppings are also an easy way to elevate this air fryer breakfast recipe. Try a fried egg, green onions, grated cheese, sour cream, salsa, or hot sauce on top!
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Air Fryer – Different brands and sizes may require different cooking times, so be familiar with your model and make adjustments as needed.
- Large Mixing Bowl – I like to have a variety of sizes on hand, and this set has them all.
Frozen Hashbrowns in Air Fyer FAQ
Both hash browns and home fries are popular breakfast items, but these two potato dishes are prepared differently.
Home fries have a crispy outside but a tender inside, and they are typically either diced or cubed. On the other hand, hash browns are thin and shredded and are often crispier than home fries.
Since air fryers use significantly less oil, air frying tends to be a healthier alternative to the traditional pan frying or deep frying methods that are often used to cook potatoes.
Air fryers cook food by circulating hot air at a high speed. Overall, they make frying a quick, easy, mess-free process!
No, it is not necessary to thaw your hash browns. Use frozen potatoes right out of the package so they don’t get soggy.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Hashbrowns
- 14 ounces frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Place hash browns in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Spread shredded potatoes into a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then open the basket. Using a wide spatula, flip hash browns in four sections, one at a time. Close the air fryer and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes, or until hash browns are golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Some things still dont have air fryer directions, so I love your posts- they’re a life saver!