Pizza Tortellini Pasta Salad is a like a party in your mouth! It’s a blend of your favorite pizza toppings in a fabulously zesty and tangy summer pasta salad. This simple recipe is sure to be your new obsession!
When I start thinking about summer my mind is flooded with memories of amazing barbecues, unforgettable beach parties and family get-togethers.
Weekends at the beach, pig roasts at sunset and family fun that would go into the wee hours of the morning. As far back as I can remember there were always tables of food at every gathering. I mean we are Italian, but we grew up in a little southern town in Florida.
Which meant not only did we know how to roast a pig but there was amazing food and sweet tea at every event. I mean nothing goes better with a summer meal than iced tea.
Of course there were more side dishes than you could count and naturally I gravitated to the pasta salads. My love for pasta, and especially tortellini has turned into this near dedication to turn all of my favorite meals into a pasta salad.
Our Pizza Tortellini Salad is a fusion of my favorite pizza with bacon, pepperoni and black olives with a fabulous summer salad. They come together to create the most spectacular summer salad yet!
How To Make Pizza Tortellini Pasta Salad
It all starts with a rainbow of vegetables, bacon, pepperoni, black olives, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and tender cheese tortellini, of course. But the real magic is the dressing. A homemade zesty Italian dressing with a little kick from red pepper flakes is the perfect complement to this fun Pizza Tortellini Salad.
This pasta salad is so summery and refreshing. I could not stop eating it. I did manage to share it with family and friends though. What can I say, I love to feed people. And they all loved it and asked for the recipe! That is the mark of a great recipe. I know you are going to love it too.
Want a different flavor, try this Cuban Sandwich Pasta Salad that is truly amazing.
Helpful Tips to make Pizza Tortellini Pasta Salad:
- Salad is excellent the next day. This is a fantastic make-ahead salad. When making ahead, use 1/2 of the dressing when preparing the salad. Reserve the remaining dressing to pour over the salad before you serve. If you use all of the dressing initially your pasta may soak up all the dressing.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite pasta salad recipes:
Pizza Tortellini Pasta Salad + Video
- 19 ounce bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 English cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces cooked bacon, chopped
- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 8 ounces mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
- 5 ounce package mini pepperoni
- 1 ounce shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup light tasting olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook tortellini according to directions on the package. Drain and set add to a large serving bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a pint size mason jar. Seal and shake the living tar out of it. Pour half of the dressing over the warm pasta and toss to combine.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to the bowl and toss until well coated. Serve immediate or refrigerate until ready to serve. I like to reserve some of the basil and pepperoni to scatter on top when serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.