Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are delicious, hearty, and seasoned to perfection when tossed in fresh herbs and a little bit of olive oil. Bursting with the savory flavors of garlic and rosemary, these air fried breakfast potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and make the perfect breakfast side.
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Potatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables around!
You can mash them, bake them, pan fry them — or better yet, air fry them — and get delicious results no matter what.
This breakfast potatoes air fryer recipe is easy to make and ready in under half an hour — and with only 5 minutes of prep time.
Using the air fryer has saved my family so much time. Once you know how to make breakfast potatoes in the air fryer, you’ll never look back!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Potatoes – I like to use red potatoes! Yukon gold or another small waxy potato would be a good substitute.
- Olive Oil – A little bit will go a long way. Use just enough oil to help the seasoning stick to the potatoes, and also breakfast potatoes in the air fryer get a nice and crispy texture on the outside.
- Fresh Herbs – This breakfast potatoes recipe for the air fryer uses chopped parsley and rosemary.
I recommend using fresh herbs for the best tasting results, but dried parsley and rosemary will also work if that’s all you have on hand.
- Garlic Powder – No need to use fresh garlic here. Garlic powder will stick to the spuds well, giving them a delicious flavor.
Tips for Making Breakfast Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Preheat Your Air Fryer. Air fryers heat up pretty quickly — ready within just a few minutes.
But since you’ll only need about 5 minutes to mix up your ingredients, preheating is a great idea. You can toss in the potatoes and get them cooking right away!
- Cut Potatoes Evenly. Make sure that your potatoes are all the same size so that they cook thoroughly and evenly. Bite-sized potatoes are ideal for this recipe.
- Add Some Toppings. Toppings are optional, but they are a fun way to make your meal even better!
Try air fryer breakfast potatoes with chopped fresh parsley, grated parmesan cheese, sour cream, fried eggs, or salsa.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Air Fryer – Different brands and sizes may require different cooking times, so be familiar with your model and make adjustments as needed.
- Large Mixing Bowl – This one is my go-to!
Breakfast Potatoes Air Fryer FAQ
No, it is not necessary to peel breakfast potatoes for the air fryer — especially red potatoes!
The skins taste great and are also packed with nutrients. Just make sure to give them a quick (but gentle) scrub first.
While both of these potato dishes are popular breakfast items, home fries and hash browns look different and are prepared differently too.
Home fries are either diced or cubed and are typically crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Instead, hash browns are thin and shredded and are known to be more on the crispy side.
Air frying is a healthier alternative to the more traditional pan frying or deep frying methods.
That’s because air frying uses significantly less oil! Air fryers cook food by circulating hot air at a high speed.
On top of this health benefit, air frying is also quick, easy, and less messy than other frying methods.
Storing and Reheating Air Fried Breakfast Potatoes
Once they are fully cooled, air fryer breakfast potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
The best part about this breakfast potatoes recipe for the air fryer — leftovers are so easy to reheat!
Set the air fryer to 350°F, add your potatoes, and cook until heated through — approximately 5 minutes.
For quicker results, you can also reheat them in the microwave until warm.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and diced (6 cups of bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Add potatoes and oil to a large mixing bowl and using a large spoon, toss to coat.
- Add parsley, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a small mixing bowl. Using a spoon, stir to combine. Pour seasoning over potatoes and stir again.
- Spread potatoes evenly into the preheated air fryer basket.
- Cook for 22-24 minutes, shaking or stirring a few times.
- Remove potatoes from the air fryer basket and serve with optional toppings (see notes for ideas).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2022, updated and republished September 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.