7 layer taco dip is loaded with layers of cheesy rice, beef, and refried beans! Make this Mexican dip recipe for a full meal or party snack.
Pair this easy 7 layer dip with chips or spoon some into warm tortillas for an easy dish that feeds a crowd.
For another easy party recipe, try these Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Pretzel Bombs. Soft, bite-sized pretzels stuffed with jalapenos and cream cheese filling – these will definitely get you invited back!
7 Layer Taco Dip – Tips and Tricks
- Make individual portions! Divide the ingredients into several 2-cup oven safe bowls so no one has to huddle around the table.
- Tip for easy meal prep: Prepare the recipe as directed, but don’t bake. Instead, wrap oven-safe dishes in aluminum foil and freeze.
Then, bake for 30-45 minutes at 350°F until warmed through. Uncover for the last 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Need to free up your baking dish? Line it with enough foil to hang over the sides before making the 7 layer taco dip.
Cover and freeze, then lift the whole thing out of the pan and crimp the two layers of foil together to seal. When you’re ready to bake, just pop it right back in the pan for a perfect fit!
Video: Easy 7 Layer Dip
To see us make this from start to finish, check out the video in this post.
RECIPE VIDEO ????
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Ground beef – Easily replace this with ground chicken or turkey for a leaner option.
- Rice – I love using my chicken rice for this recipe, but Spanish or cilantro lime varieties would taste just as great!
- Salsa verde – This is a green sauce made from tomatillos, chile peppers, and herbs. You can replace it with a few cans of diced green chiles if you prefer.
- Red enchilada sauce – Use your favorite brand or make my homemade recipe in just 10 minutes!
- Cheese – Try other varieties like sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, or a blend of Mexican cheeses.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I add more layers to this easy 7 layer dip?
Yes! Just be sure that whatever else you add can be baked.
If you want to use fresh ingredients like sour cream, guacamole, or shredded lettuce, add them on top after the dish cools down a bit.
How long does 7 layer taco dip last in the refrigerator?
Typically, it will last for 3 to 4 days. Keep in mind that the texture may change after a couple of days due to the sauces, but it will still taste just as delicious!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Easy Dip Recipes
7 Layer Taco Dip + Video
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Mrs Dash Southwest chipotle seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can refried beans, I like spicy refried beans
- 2 cups chicken rice, cooked or your favorite cooked rice
- 1/2 cup salsa verde, green chile sauce
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 12 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 can large black olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium, add ground beef and salt. Cook, until cooked through. Once it is cooked, add chipotle seasoning and stir to combine. Add water and cover. Simmer 15 minutes, remove cover and cook until water is cooked out. Set seasoned beef aside until needed.
- In a medium casserole dish or heat safe bowl (I used a 1.75 quart). Spread refried beans into dish and add 4 ounces of the cheese. Mix to combine well.
- Add cooked rice and spread evenly. Add salsa verde and smooth over the rice layer.
- Sprinkle approximately 4 ounces cheese onto salsa verde layer. Sprinkle cooked beef evenly over cheese layer.
- Add enchilada sauce and smooth evenly over the seasoned beef.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Arrange sliced olives on top of cheese.
- Place dish on a small baking sheet and place in center of oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned (or up to 30 minutes if ingredients are cold).
- Serve with chips.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2011, updated and republished December 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.