This brown gravy recipe will be a meal saver. All you need are 5 ingredients and 5 minutes! If you need an easy homemade recipe, this is for you!
Recipes like 5 Minute 5 Ingredient Homemade Brown Gravy
Being able to whip up homemade gravy in a flash has been a dinner saver more than one time in my kitchen.
Whether you are a stay at home mom or dad, working man or woman: there just never seems to be enough time. Some days you are just short on time for dinner, and you need simple, fast and flavorful.
That is exactly when it’s helpful to know how to make gravy in 5 minutes. This recipe is perfect for any dish that calls for brown or beef gravy.
I make this easy gravy recipe with chicken bouillion and serve it for Thanksgiving. It is really versatile and so delicious!
It is thick, full flavored gravy and only takes 5 minutes to prepare. The recipe calls for ingredients that virtually everyone has on hand at all times and it tastes awesome! We love it and I am sure you will too!
Brown Gravy Recipe Tips
- You can use chicken bouillon to create an amazing chicken gravy that is perfect for turkey or chicken dinners, especially Thanksgiving!
- You can use chicken or beef stock or broth in place of the bouillon and water. Be sure to heat well.
- This recipe stores in the refrigerator, covered for a week.
- Be sure to whisk as you add the broth to get a smooth lump-free gravy.
- The recipe doubles perfectly!!!
MUST HAVE TOOLS FOR GRAVY:
- Microwave Safe Measuring Cup – I use my measuring cups for a lot more than measuring. I find they are great for mixing, pour and even serving a more casual meal.
- Favorite gravy boat of all time – I have this one in blue, red and white. I just can’t get enough. What color should I get next?
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite sides to serve with gravy
Brown Gravy Recipe + Video
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon powder, or 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine water and bouillon in a heat proof container (I use a 2-cup glass measuring cup). Heat the beef broth in microwave 1 minute at a time, until it is steaming hot.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add flour and onion powder and whisk to combine. Continue whisking until mixture bubbles up and becomes a thick consistency, about one minute. This helps cook out the ‘floury’ taste.
- While whisking, pour in hot beef broth to the flour mixture. Whisk to combine and bring to boil, reduce to simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can use chicken or beef stock or broth in place of the bouillon and water. Be sure to heat well.
This recipe stores in the refrigerator, covered for a week.
Be sure to whisk as you add the broth to get a smooth lump-free gravy.
The recipe doubles perfectly!!!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.