Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme copycat has layers of seasoned beef, veggies, sour cream, and plenty of cheese. Make some yourself in under an hour!
Have a fast food night without having to leave the house! Not only will you save the drive time, but you’ll get more bang for your buck as well.
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Because each homemade crunchwrap supreme is made with fresh ingredients, you can enjoy all the flavors of takeout while feeling good about what you’re eating.
You can even create your own cravings box with a Baja Blast, a black bean quesarito, and a burrito supreme!
Finish this meal off with some delectable, sugary churros to satisfy your palate with something sweet.
While you’re here, check out my ultimate collection of copycat recipes. You’ll find tons of options from all your favorite fast food and sit down restaurants.
Tips for Your Homemade Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
- Skip a step. I love preparing a large batch of ground beef to have on hand. Simply add the taco seasoning while it cooks and portion it out before freezing.
Then, warm before spooning into your Taco Bell crunchwrap supreme!
- Layer strategically. Add the lettuce and tomatoes over the sour cream and place the cheese layer at the top.
The outside will get toasty and the cheese will melt while the lettuce and sour cream will stay cooler in the center.
- Don’t overstuff! Be careful not to get carried away with your fillings. This can make it more difficult to fold the tortilla over everything!
- Want a healthier option? You can use carb balance tortillas or swap out sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.
- Tip for a perfect drizzle: Load up a Ziploc bag with nacho cheese, then snip off a corner to make a mess-free squeeze baggy for easy cheese distribution.
- Bring the heat. You can always add some hot sauce or spicy salsa for an extra kick to your crunchwrap Taco Bell copycat.
Crunchwrap Taco Bell Serving Suggestions
Enjoy your homemade crunchwrap supreme as is, or whip up some guacamole or spicy queso blanco for dipping!
To make it a full meal, a side of Mexican rice or street corn salad is more than enough to round out your plate.
Crunchwrap Supreme Taco Bell FAQs
Enjoy this crunchwrap supreme Taco Bell recipe as written, or enjoy your favorite add-ins. Rice, black olives, jalapenos, and guacamole are a few options. Just don’t overfill it or the fillings will spill out.
If they aren’t fresh, they may rip when trying to fold them over the fillings. Simply warm them in a skillet or in the microwave to make them more pliable.
This will make putting together homemade crunchwrap much easier.
Yes! I suggest doing what Taco Bell does: replace the ground beef with refried pinto or black beans. Or, use your favorite plant based crumbles instead.
You can put your leftover crunchwrap Taco Bell in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
But since these include fresh ingredients such as lettuce and tomatoes, it is best to eat them immediately after cooking.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Copycat Recipes
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 6 street taco size flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 6 tostadas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups diced iceberg or romaine lettuce
- Vegetable oil for cooking crunchwraps
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat, breaking it up into very small pieces.
- Add the taco seasoning and water, cooking according to the seasoning packet instructions.
- Heat nacho cheese sauce so it is spreadable.
- Place a warm burrito-size tortilla on your work surface. Spread a large spoonful of the taco meat to form a tostada-size circle in the center of the tortilla.
- Drizzle nacho cheese over the meat.
- Place a tostada on top of the meat and cheese.
- Top the tostada with desired amount of sour cream (I like to use the squirt bottles of sour cream for easy prep.)
- Add a mound of lettuce and tomatoes and then top with cheese.
- Place a street-size tortilla on the very top of the layers. Fold the burrito tortilla up and over the smaller tortilla to form a packet. Set aside and continue assembling crunchwraps.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place a crunchwrap folded side down into the pan and fry until golden brown. Flip and brown on the other side as well.
- Continue browning the crunchwraps one at a time, adding more vegetable oil as needed to prevent burning.
- Serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2021, updated and republished January 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
Yum! These are delish! We've been making them for several years and now young adults sons love them. I switch the first two ingredients spreading the nacho cheese first and then taco meat. So good! ��
I made these as a test so I knew if my brother would like them. They’re so much better than taco-bell and they’re so filling. A very nice meal to have, and I don’t even have to leave the house to get it.
This was amazing. There was a little bit of a learning curve when wrapping but figured it out quick and enjoyed dinner that night.
This will be dinner tomorrow night! Thanks!
Enjoy and let us know how it goes!
TSRI Team Member,