Peach Pound Cake has all the flavor of your favorite peach cobbler, in a moist delicious pound cake! Make this recipe to celebrate summer!
I love the summer for all its bounty. The fabulous berries, squash, melons, and beans just to name a few. But, I especially love the peaches.
Seeing them arrive is bittersweet, though. You are excited to eat them, but it is a sure sign summer produce is coming to an end!
Peach Pound Cake
In anticipation of the fall season and with love of all the summer brings us, I developed this fabulous peach pound cake, which is a combination of two of my favorite desserts… peach cobbler and pound cake.
The seasons freshest most flavorful peaches combined with some of my favorite fall flavors.
Vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon combine with a touch of almond and peach Schapps to really bring the flavor home.
Sugared pans, in lieu of floured help to create a fantastic crisp crust, the perfect touch to this melt in your mouth moist pound cake!
As if that isn’t enough to make your mouth water, drizzle slices of this incredible cake with a simple brown sugar caramel sauce for the perfect Peach Cobbler Cake! This is ‘happy dance in the kitchen’ good.
Sometimes you really need to be up inside the cake. This is one of those moments, trust me. You see those beautiful fresh peach chunks in that moist pound cake with that crisp crust… Um… Would you like a napkin? You’re drooling. : )
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Easy Peach Cobbler Recipes
Peach Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons peach Schnapps, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups fresh peaches, diced about 1/2″
- brown sugar caramel sauce, optional, for serving
- In a medium bowl combine peaches and 1 tablespoon schnapps. Stir to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Butter 2 9×5 bread pans and coat with butter and sugar (to get a crispy crust).
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer; cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in 1 tablespoon peach schnapps, vanilla and almond extracts. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup flour mixture to peaches and stir to combine well.
- Gradually stir remaining flour mixture into the butter mixture. Then, fold the peach mixture into the batter. Spread evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with brown sugar caramel sauce (optional).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.